Fabrication and Finishing Director
The Technology Director is required to manage all aspects of the stamping department. Main duties include oversight of a large, fast-paced, 24/7 stamping department consisting of 3-600Ton automatic presses, 7-300 Ton automatic presses, a manual cooktop stamping line and several small automatic presses. Management of the tooling department is also a responsibility of this job. This position includes production, scheduling, quality and people management of the 300 person department along with working closely with finishing and assembly customers, abiding by true lean manufacturing principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive improvement in all aspects of Safety
- Reduction of waste (scrap, rework, and downtime)
- Manage the department through continuous improvement activities to drive overall performance and execution.
- Improve first time quality of finished components
- Increase overall area productivity.
- Reduce the use of environmental resources (water, gas, and electricity)
- Reduce in process inventory
- Work with all supervision and hourly associates to drive continued learning and personal development.
- Minimum of 5 years managing Fabrication and tooling activities in a multi-shift environment
- Bachelors Degree preferably in Engineering
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Good communication and motivational skills
- Managed in a Six Sigma and/or other quality/lean process controlled environment
- Can demonstrate completed productivity improvement and waste reduction activities.