The Facilities Technician assists the facilities engineer/manager in the maintenance of the Springfield, TN Electrolux facility.
The Facilities Technician will be responsible for performing the ‘first response’ of facility related requests from team leaders, facility engineers and operations staff. Working with the Facility Engineer, The Facility Technician will evaluate whether the task should be handled by our repair and maintenance group, an outside contractor, or if the task can be handled by themselves. The Facility Technician will be responsible for the installation and/or adjustment of our smaller electrical, mechanical and plumbing requests to ensure timely project completion. The successful candidate will evaluate requests and perform facility related tasks, all while remaining in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
Qualifications and Skills:
• High school or technical school education and three years of factory-related experience in a facility maintenance environment.
• Demonstrated project leadership skills
• Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems. Able to read and understand electrical schematics, mechanical and automation systems documentation.
• Ability to perform basic wiring of switches, lights and fans.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated problem solving/analysis/troubleshooting skills.
-This position has no supervisory responsibility.
-Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and factory environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
-While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
-This opportunity is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The position occasionally requires the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
-Limited travel is expected for this position – Electrolux has several warehouses in the Springfield area that occasionally have projects to evaluate/lead. Exception would be for training on new installed systems.