Fall 2019 Mechanical Engineering Intern
FALL 2019 MECHANICAL ENGINEER INTERN
Our future is determined by the way we all live our lives. That’s why we strive to improve everyday life for millions of people and the world around us. It is embodied in everything we do. In every idea, every product and every human interaction.
At Electrolux, we believe that outstanding taste experiences should be easy for everyone. That there is always a better way to care for our clothes to make them look and feel new longer. That the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones.
To succeed, we continuously rethink and improve our ways of working – internally, and together with our customers and partners.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
This is us – at Electrolux we shape living for the better.
The engineering intern will support the lead engineer of the Control Panels Group in creating and maintaining 2D drawings and 3D models related to the plastic components of the control panel assemblies and electronics enclosures. He or she will also help to create prototypes of various components, perform fit checks of these components, and perform root cause analyses when issues arise. He or she will also perform tolerance chain analyses and perform interference checks on 3D assemblies as necessary. The intern will help process information (measurement reports) relating to part approval.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain 2D drawings and 3D models of plastic components of the consoles and board enclosures and perform interference checks on assembly models
- Support prototype creation
- Perform fit checks on prototype parts and first shots from injection molding tools
- Support root cause analysis activities
- Perform tolerance chain analyses
- Assist in analyzing measurement reports for part approval
- Undergraduate Student in the field of Mechanical Engineering
- College Mechanical Design Project
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 3D Modeling/2D Drawing Creation
- Tolerance Stack-up Analysis
- Knowledge of Prototyping Techniques Preferred
- Problem Solving