Fall 2019 Mechanical Engineering Intern
Our future is determined by the way we all
live our lives. That’s why we strive to improve everyday life for millions of
people and the world around us. It is embodied in everything we do. In every
idea, every product and every human interaction.
We believe that outstanding taste experiences should be easy for everyone. That there is always a better way to care for our clothes to make them look and feel new longer. That the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones.
To succeed, we continuously rethink and improve our ways of working – internally, and together with our customers and partners.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
This is us – at Electrolux we shape living for the better.
Electrolux is looking to add a mechanical intern to their Fabric Care R&D team in Charlotte, NC. This role will be primarily responsible for support the mechanical engineering in new developments
- Support on 2D and 3D representation for mechanical parts and modules.
- Assist mechanical engineering group to create mesh model to perform FEA/CFD engineering simulation (Ansys and Star CCM knowledge is a plus)
- Assist mechanical engineering group to introduce/create design changes in prototypes.
- Assist mechanical engineering group to do/analyze exploratory testing. (Instrumentation/Sensors is a plus). (JMP, Minitab, R is a plus)
- Assist mechanical engineering group to do Tolerance Chain/Stackup.
- In pursuit
of BE/MS in mechanical engineering
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- CAD SW for 3D/2D technical representation (CATIA)
- CAD SW for FEA/CFD (ANSYS, STAR-CCM)
- Ability to obtain and analysis results from exploratory testing. (JMP, MINI TAB, R)
- Ability to obtain prototypes to support exploratory testing
- Ability to provide input to correlate models with simulations