Fall 2019 Ownership Solutions Purchasing Internship
Purchasing & Sourcing
Join a team of highly engaged professionals who are part of the Ownership Solutions (OS) organization at Electrolux. Driving Brand Loyalty is the OS mission and this position is a critical link to promoting Brand Loyalty among Electrolux customers by providing them with an effortless experience.
The purchasing intern program gives a unique introduction to Ownership Solutions and allows you to participate in the fast-paced world of the aftermarket appliance industry. This program will involve you in the problem-solving opportunities as well as the continuous improvement mindset of the company. Participation will allow you to learn day to day purchasing service delivery within an operations environment and gain knowledge through special projects.
This role will closely follow the evolution of the external market in the areas procurement and anticipate and translate these dynamics into recommendations for Electrolux, helping drive the Ownership Solutions organization on its growth path.
TYPICAL DAY AT WORK:
You will be responsible for performing tasks using Purchasing applications and procedures in an office environment. Assisting Purchasing and operations staff with various project duties. Specific assignments and project work will vary. Collaborating with most functional business areas and business processes. This internship will provide support for the business and the distribution center while encouraging learning participation through hands on experience under guidance or input from others.
- Assist in supporting various purchasing activities ; request for quotes, tool moves and asset management
- Assist in supporting the transition of product lines to new facilities
- Expedite open purchase orders to minimize back orders
- Perform set up of new part numbers in SAP to include info records, source list and attaching of original request to master record
- Support department via quoting requests
- Perform miscellaneous duties as requested by purchasing manager
- Customer-Centric Mindset/Powerful Communicator/Master of Priorities & Motivation
- You demonstrate curiosity, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to muti-task
- You demonstrate the experience and high character to thrive in a collaborative environment of collegiality and accountability, and demonstrate the ability to lead in a large-scale, complex environment, in a diplomatic yet assertive style
- You have a flexible personal style and ability to balance an effective process orientation with a strong appreciation for deliverables and a keen awareness of the necessity for quick and decisive action in a fast-paced environment.
DESIRED LEADERSHIP QUALITIES:
- Energy: Inspires and engages people while fostering a culture of accountability and ownership.
- Openness: Encourages cross-collaboration, leveraging on diversity and open feedback. Keeps the end consumer and customers in mind through an outside-in perspective.
- Agility: Analyzes and adapts to different people and situations, remaining composed during ambiguity. Quickly understands and reacts to changes and takes decisions despite instabilities and uncertainties.
- Growth: Develops talents and learns new skills beyond own business needs. Explores new business ideas and continuously improves to build core capabilities.
- Qualified candidates will have:
- Enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program; Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering preferred.
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
- Graduate date of May 2020 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- 16-20 hours/week during the academic year
- 35-40 hours/week during the summer semester
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Personal computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with purchasing and accounting processes
- Good communication skills
- Creative problem solving aptitude
- Familiarity with supply chain (T&W, lead-times, inventory, cost inputs, etc.)
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a dynamic environment.
A Strong Candidate will also have:
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Understanding of SAP
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position works in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasional travel is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Dynamic landscape.
This position requires over 50% communication with internal & external stakeholders. This position requires the employee to communicate with external vendors on a regular basis.