Fall 2020 Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op - Springfield
Our future is determined by the way we all live
our lives. That’s why we strive to improve everyday life for millions of people
and the world around us. It is embodied in everything we do. In every idea,
every product and every human interaction.
At Electrolux, we believe that outstanding taste experiences should be easy for everyone. That there is always a better way to care for our clothes to make them look and feel new longer. That the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones.
To succeed, we continuously rethink and improve our ways of working – internally, and together with our customers and partners.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
This is us – at Electrolux we shape living for the better.
The Manufacturing Engineering department is responsible for industrializing new products that achieve safety, quality, cost and productivity goals. We design the equipment, processes and automation by working closely with product design, operations and global engineering. The use of 3D modeling and simulation tools to identify the best solution prior to implementation is key to meeting our overall goals.
Under close supervision, this position assists engineers and staff in completing manufacturing engineering projects.
This co-op opportunity comprises of three-semester rotations, and the potential candidate must be able to complete all three semesters of the co-op.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Manufacturing Co-Op, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting engineers in designing processes and launching automation for manufacturing.
- Participate and lead trial activities in a manufacturing environment.
- Develops drawings and other engineering documentation to improve manufacturing production and product quality.
- Develops action plans and schedules to prioritize activities for the completion of assigned projects in a timely manner.
- Develops written status reports, evaluation summaries and recommendations for immediate supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Must be enrolled and pursuing an undergraduate degree in Engineering or related field
- Must be enrolled in a university co-op program and must be able to complete three rotations of a co-op (on-off-on...). Must be able to begin in Fall 2020 (late August 2020 Start Date).
- Must have completed at least 30 semester hours prior to start of the co-op
- G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Problem-solving skills, assertiveness and strong initiative
- Team-oriented thinking with enthusiasm for continuous learning
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong critical thinking; Problem solving; Analyzing; examining skills to find the best solutions to various situations.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Extensive internal/external client interaction is an everyday part of the position
- Uses computer software (MS office) Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Strong aptitude for computer technology, tools, and solutions