Fall 2020 Purchasing Co-Op
Purchasing & Sourcing
Develop strategy and implement projects to achieve world class quality and cost from the supply base. Source and secure required material and component parts needed to produce gas and electric ranges at the lowest total system cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work across a matrixed organization to develop and implement strategies for gas and electric range components.
- Coordinate short, mid and long term strategy of key components with collaboration and buy in from marketing, manufacturing, and engineering.
- Responsible for supplier evaluation, selection, negotiation, along with Total Cost Ownership including price, quality, delivery, and payment terms, according to current goals and objectives of the Food Preparation requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively and tactfully communicate verbally and in writing externally to suppliers and sell ideas and strategies internally.
- Represent Electrolux at all levels of supplier organization, from shop floor to board room. (Bilingual communications a plus)
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and lead multiple projects simultaneously, resolve problems, meet deadlines and handle fast paced critical work environment.
- Ability to work well with people to define and complete project tasks.
- Internalize EMA policies and practices, and successfully communicate
- Pursuing a Bachelors of Business Administration or Engineering degree
- Must be enrolled in a university or college's co-op program
- Must have completed 30 hours of curriculum
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrate success with year over year direct material cost savings projects.
- Strong analytical skills and spreadsheets including should cost modeling and total cost.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings of component parts.
- Expertise in supplier processes and cost drivers.
- Proven strong negotiation skills including proven continuous improvement and history of successful negotiations of complex business issues and risk assessment.
- Material flow process knowledge of components and systems (lead-times, tier 2 supply, JDE, AS400)
- Outstanding leadership skills including leading supplier resources and cross-functional teams.
- Bilingual – Spanish/Mandarin a plus.