Fall 2020 - Spring 2021 Tech Scholars (Springfield, TN)
The Electrolux Technical Apprentice Program (Tech Scholars) allows second year students from technical colleges to attend class full-time at a local community college while working part-time at Electrolux. The objectives are to allow students to further their education and gain relevant technical experience in a manufacturing environment.
This is a two-semester program (Fall and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scholars will have the opportunity to apply skills and knowledge acquired during school and training in the plant. The following principles apply:
- Scholars may rotate between departments/areas per management’s discretion.
- Training and hands-on experience are the priorities of the OJT phase.
- Scholars will be responsible for maintaining a monthly OJT report to be turned in to the assigned OFT supervisor.This ensures objectives are on target for completion.
- Maintain full time student status (12 credit hours minimum) and commitment to attend school year round.
- Students must be enrolled in a manufacturing related area of study (Mechatronics, Industrial Electronics).
- Must have completed 24+ credit hours to be considered (rising 2nd year students).
- Minimum of 2.75 GPA.
- Successful completion of pre-placement assessment and substance abuse test.
- Commitment to working 20 hours per week at Electrolux during the course of the program.
- Participation in Electrolux training as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- MS Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong critical thinking; Problem solving; Analyzing; examining skills to find the best solutions to various situations.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.Extensive internal/external client interaction is an everyday part of the position
- Uses computer software (MS office) Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong aptitude for computer technology, tools, and solutions