Fall 2022 Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op
WHO WE ARE:
As a leading global appliance company, we place the consumer at
the heart of everything we do. Through our brands, including Electrolux, AEG,
Anova, Frigidaire, Westinghouse and Zanussi, we sell more than 60 million
household and professional products in more than 150 markets every year.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.
For nearly 100 years, Electrolux has sought out to change the world for the better. We’ve strived at our company to improve gender equality and provide revolutionizing home solutions, all the while saving you countless hours on chores – giving you more room for the things you love. All of this starting with a single vacuum sale, we’ve now grown into a global leader in home and professional appliances.
Our future is determined by the way we all live our lives. That’s
why we strive to improve everyday life for millions of people and the world
around us. It is embodied in everything we do. In every idea, every product and
every human interaction.
We believe that outstanding taste experiences should be easy for everyone. That there is always a better way to care for our clothes to make them look and feel new longer. That the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones.
To succeed, we continuously rethink and improve our ways of working – internally, and together with our customers and partners.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
This is us – at Electrolux we shape living for the better.
CO-OP PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Electrolux is fully committed to delivering the best possible experience for each cooperative education student and provide them the necessary tools to learn and grow in their chosen field. Our co-op program will provide young talent the opportunity to gain technical and professional skills to begin their careers. At Electrolux, we provide a “best in class” cooperative educational experience for all student co-ops.
We are looking for co-op students who want to shape living for the better. In this three-semester rotational co-op program, students will achieve the following learning objectives:
- Utilize academic experience and apply experience to real world problems by developing their technical capabilities.
- Build on their confidence and sense of responsibility in the workplace.
- Confirm their choice of major and career with Electrolux.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The manufacturing engineer will Identify and implement improvement activities within the manufacturing process in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality, and cost. The successful candidate will be a technical leader, fostering collaboration and team building while upholding the organization’s core values. The manufacturing engineer will work closely with the Food Preparation Sector team on the development and continuous improvement of a best-in-class manufacturing organization.
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment including safety and environment according to Global Manufacturing Engineering Guidelines.
- Develop control processes and procedures to maintain consistent process results (Statistical Process Control).
- Support equipment installation, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering and perform the manufacturability analysis of new Products Projects.
- Implement specific Manufacturing Engineering actions for new Product Projects or other Projects (Capacity, Efficiency, Improvements…) in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Participate in PFMEA, support production feasibility analysis in virtual environments, and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solution.
- Research and facilitate innovative solutions for smart and optimal manufacturing processes and support efficiency and improvement programs, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Design and implement factory layout projects considering Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes, and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You start and you finish, taking leadership of getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You want to know everything about everything.
- You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
- We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Current student in Engineering discipline.
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Problem Solving.
- Strong aptitude for details, data interpretation, and control process implementation (Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, PFMEA).