Fall 2022 Server Administration Intern
WHO WE ARE:
As a leading global appliance company, we place the consumer at
the heart of everything we do. Through our brands, including Electrolux, AEG,
Anova, Frigidaire, Westinghouse and Zanussi, we sell more than 60 million
household and professional products in more than 150 markets every year.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.
For nearly 100 years, Electrolux has sought out to change the world for the better. We’ve strived at our company to improve gender equality and provide revolutionizing home solutions, all the while saving you countless hours on chores – giving you more room for the things you love. All of this starting with a single vacuum sale, we’ve now grown into a global leader in home and professional appliances.
Our future is determined by the way we all live our lives. That’s why we strive to improve everyday life for millions of people and the world around us. It is embodied in everything we do. In every idea, every product and every human interaction.
We believe that outstanding taste experiences should be easy for everyone. That there is always a better way to care for our clothes to make them look and feel new longer. That the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones.
To succeed, we continuously rethink and improve our ways of working – internally, and together with our customers and partners.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
This is us – at Electrolux we shape living for the better.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
this role, you will be provisioning, configuring, and maintaining the Electrolux
infrastructure onsite and in the approved cloud provider solutions. This role will additionally support the team
in installation, configuration, and maintenance of the
site’s server hardware and software. You will also assist with end-user
support, primarily break/fix troubleshooting as needed as well as support other
team members with escalation issues.
- Perform Day to Day administration/monitoring of Windows Servers.
- Utilize Service Now application to coordinate support activities and work closely with Server team lead on proposing new solutions and architectures for server environment
- Perform account administration, file security, and resource allocation and security for the servers at the local site
- Document and maintain information relative to key technology vendors for server hardware and software
- Participate in infrastructure related projects and commit to thorough documentation and knowledge sharing
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Pursuing a bachelor's level degree with an interest in network and infrastructure
- Have sophomore status or higher at your university
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Basic knowledge of Windows Servers.
- Basic technical support experience for end user computing.
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages.