Federal Income Tax Manager
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will support the Electrolux North America Federal income tax team activities and processes primarily focused on accounting for income taxes, but also including projections and modeling, Federal Tax Compliance and related book-tax differences, and planning initiatives. You will provide support in minimizing the legal tax liability to the company through managing the preparation of calculations, analysis, workpapers, schedules, tax returns and research. You will lead the preparation of the Tax Return, including book-tax differences and all the forms and attachments that need to be submitted for domestic operations, as well as coordinating with the international team for the inclusion of the foreign activity and associated forms. You will help to maintain an analysis of tax sensitive accounts, identify the need for tax adjustments and provide the tax guidance and support for the existing ones. You will also assist in managinh income tax forecast and tax attributes to identify planning opportunities while also working to implement technology and process improvements to produce accurate and standardized information in a timely manner.
- Manage quarterly and annual income tax provision calculations, including coordinating accurate internal reporting, computing the effective tax rate and tax cash flow and evaluating reserves for uncertain tax positions.
- Analyze activity in the tax accounts and ensure account reconciliations are prepared while overseeing the internal reporting of income taxes on a quarterly basis as well as the correct presentation of the income tax provision and UTP disclosures in the financial statements.
- Advise on tax planning matters and support business partners with income tax related questions while leading and mentoring other staff team members providing guidance with their tasks, motivation and role modeling.
- Collaborate with various internal functional areas including within the Tax Department itself, coordinating with external service providers and working in a process oriented and team environment.
- Manage the collection, review, analysis and processing of financial information used to support income tax analysis including preparing complex supporting data and work papers to support tax planning, research projections, compliance and audits and examinations by various tax authorities
- Work directly with Electrolux internal and external contacts, including other Electrolux functional areas and countries to ensure that the appropriate information is gathered.
- Proficiently convey data and analysis to management teams so they can provide advice to business and services units while also identifying and defining process improvement opportunities in technical tax areas and compliance to facilitate streamlining and automation for efficiency
- Perform tax law and case-history research to identify law changes, support technical positions and minimize Electrolux tax risks and document accordingly.
**INSERT YOU SECTION
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 8 years of experience in income tax
- Minimum 3 years experience managing an accounting or finance team
- Certified Public Accountant or plan to accomplish a plus
- Experience with and understanding of accounting for income taxes with accounting firm client service experience a plus
- Personal computer skills including strong ability to use Excel
- CorpTax and SAP experience a plus
- Required Languages: English