Feeder Supervisor - 2nd Shift
The Feeder Supervisor has the primary responsibility for effective operation of a manufacturing area, accomplished in a manner to enhance the overall performance of the plant. To meet this objective, the incumbent leads the production process in a manner necessary to meet or exceed safety, delivery, quality, productivity, and continuous improvement standards. The Feeder Supervisor will interface with Quality Assurance, Warehouse, Maintenance, and Management personnel in order to achieve these goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise production employees by planning and assigning work, adjusting schedules to meet production requirements, analyzing and resolving work problems, inspecting materials to verify conformance standards, and coordinating with other departments.
- Managing and evaluating performance including coaching employees, conducting appropriate appraisals and administering discipline, employee training and development, assigning and directing work ensuring proper safety equipment is worn and proper safety procedures are being used.
- Supervise the quality and quantity of product being produced by employees.
- Study production schedules and estimate hourly requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Interpret company policies to employees.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Analyze and resolve work problems or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Maintain production/quality records and ensure records are filled out correctly and timely.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of department.
- In the absence of higher authority, manages emergency.
- Direct & Coach Team Members for Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Standardized Work and Continuous Improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Associate's Degree required in lieu of Bachelor's
- 3+ years of supervisory experience working in a high-paced manufacturing facility
- Excellent written and oral skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to convey leadership qualities
- Plan, organize and prioritize work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge and experience with DuPont STOP program elements or similar behavioral based safety program.
- Ability to work with computer equipment and proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and related processes.
- Basic mechanical aptitude