Electrolux North America, Inc., a $5 billion manufacturing and sales subsidiary of AB Electrolux, is seeking an experienced Accountant to handle a variety of accounting and reporting activities. The position reports to the Accounting Supervisor/ Manager, North America and is based in Charlotte, NC.
The ESA & Government Reporting Accountant is responsible for:
Maintain overall responsibility for the general ledgers and perform month-end closing responsibilities for ledgers/reporting entities assigned, including the following:
- Preparation and posting of journal entries on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. Ensure appropriate documentation is attached and transaction is appropriate.
- Implement process improvements to: (1) standardize journal entry formats within the group, (2) review routine journal entries to determine which can be automated or made prior to month end close, (3) consolidate or eliminate entries so as to minimize the number of journal entries.
- Preparation of account reconciliations. Ensure that all required reconciliations are completed by the established deadline. Recognize inappropriate balances and transactions with follow-up and resolution. Ensure proper reconciliation processes are followed and implement process improvement to standardize reconciliation formats.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and submission to Group Accounting in Stockholm. Review financial statements prior to submission to provide assurance that reporting is done in accordance with Group policies and procedures.
- Perform month-end close responsibilities and financial reporting accurately as assigned on an accrual accounting basis and in compliance with internal controls
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly cash reconciliations
- Provide frequent and timely support to business partners throughout the organization
- Perform financial analysis during close including review and explanation of large variances
- Holds responsibility for the technical implementation of accounting guidelines in conjunction with financial reporting
- Determine proper revenue recognition & implement accrual accounting for customer accounts based on contract language
- Ensure that all accounting and reporting activities comply with the Electrolux Accounting Manual
- Standardize and streamline processes as needed
- Maintain process documentation and follow internal control procedures to ensure compliance
- Prepare information as needed for external auditors and respond to questions from external auditors.Take the lead for audit activities and related topics
- Compile accurate information on a timely basis for Government reporting obligations
- Compile federal and state tax information for the tax department annually
- Complete special projects as assigned by Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum 5 years experience in industry or public accounting required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to details and good organizational skills
- Advanced MS Excel required
- JD Edwards, SAP and SQL experience a plus
- High ethical standards with unquestionable integrity
- Expectant, positive, proactive attitude with “can do” spirit
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and cross-functional teams
- Strong Work Ethic
- Flexible and dependable
- CPA certification preferred
The successful candidate must be comfortable working both independently and in a team environment, and must be able to work across functional boundaries. The ideal candidate will also possess a proactive work ethic including the ability and desire to take ownership of projects when identified. The candidate will have to be able to adjust to changing priorities and schedule hours, to adapt to the business needs. We are seeking a long-term promotable candidate who will quickly obtain the skills and experience necessary to take upon additional responsibilities.