Financial Analyst - Supply Chain
The Transportation & Warehousing (Supply Chain) Business Analyst position has the overall responsibility and accountability for managing month-end close activities, communicating trends, forecasting, annual planning, business analysis, control and reporting as it relates transportation & warehousing activities. In addition, the Business Analyst plays a key role by business partnering and supporting execution of set objectives by Supply Chain business partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare supply chain cost analysis/standard reporting on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to highlight key performance metrics.
- Prepare monthly forecast using valid and accurate assumptions and obtain consensus from business partners.
- Develop the annual plan by collaborating with all necessary stakeholders to reflect all headwinds/tailwinds needed for budget preparation.
- Provide support, reporting, and validation for month end close process.
- Work closely with the Accounting Department on month-end journal entry data requirements and audit requests.
- Validate with the Accounting partners all reserve balances pertaining to supply chain, and make appropriate adjustments, if necessary.
- Identify cost trends and make recommendations for cost out/process improvements and track results.
- Lead initiatives to enhance/automate reporting capabilities, both from financial and operational perspective.
- Resolve and follow-up on all supply chain related financial requests and inquiries by internal/external stakeholders.
- Provide analytical support to business partners in terms of collecting, analyzing, and reporting cost trends and any other ad hoc project requests.
- Prepare investment requests as needed to support business initiatives related to capital spending.
- Work closely with Commercial Business Analysts and Product Line Analysts to provide leading indicators related to supply chain cost components.
- Provide cost reporting to Sales and Product Line Managers by product line, channel, platform and at a SKU level.
- B.S. Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related fields
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience with data analysis or measurement reporting
- Strong analytical skills with strong cost modeling experience
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel for data mining, analysis, and reporting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MS Query
- Preferred System utilization: JD Edwards, SAP.
- Must be able to apply analytical and decision-making skills without direct supervision.
- Capable of setting priorities, meeting pre-determined deadlines and multi-tasking
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work effectively with cross-functional teams and at all levels of management.
- Prior knowledge of working with transportation modes, load utilization, load distance to calculate volume/mix impact, preferred
- Prior experience working with linehaul, fuel and accessorial freight cost components, preferred.
- Ability to respond quickly and positively to change as well as acting as a change catalyst
- Unquestionable business ethics and integrity
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills