Financial Business Analyst
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Financial Analyst position is part of the Ownership Solutions Finance Product Line team and has overall responsibility and accountability for understanding and communicating the OS business performance (including commercial, marketing, expenses and others). It is also responsible for providing financial support to by creating and maintaining periodic reports that analyze and communicate actual performance and the implications of ongoing business decisions as well as forecasting future performance. The Business Analyst position is the critical link between the finance department and the business and provides valuable insight on a daily basis to the financial performance through its analysis and reporting.
- Work closely with key business partners teams to provide support, identify opportunities and deliver KPIs
- Prepare business insights and deep dives on critical areas of the business (financial and non-financial performance)
- Collaborate the Accounting Department on month-end expense and accrual bookings; provide support, reporting, and validation for month-end close processes
- Work with other analysts (business / financial) and senior executives to develop near-real time strategic reporting and processes in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Consolidate data from accounting- sales- marketing- operations and other departments to be interpreted in financial terms
- Resolve and follow-up on cost-related requests and inquiries
- Assist the FP&A team and other departments in analytics initiatives including individual business intelligence strategy, data visualization implementation and data literacy
REPORTING AND ANALYSIS:
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports to management
- Analyze and leverage P&L data to drive profitable growth and productivity
- Automate processes and develop new tools/dashboards for effective data communication
- Prepare presentation materials for monthly business review
- Establish & develop KPIs for performance and productivity measures
- Identify cost trends and make recommendations for cost/process improvements and track results
- Lead analytics initiatives to enhance reporting capabilities
- Support the leadership team on ad hoc analyses
PLANNING AND FORECASTING:
- Prepare annual projections (Annual Plan/Budget and Strategy Plan)
- Prepare monthly forecasts
- Mapping and documentation of financial processes
- Understanding Electrolux accounting policies and procedures and making informed business decisions according to policy is an underlying responsibility of all Electrolux financial personnel.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Finance, Business Administration, Statistics or Accounting
- 2 years of experience in financial modeling and planning, business analysis, data analytics or similar data-driven function
- Solid understanding of financial concepts and accounting with experience with planning and business intelligence applications such as SAP BPC, PowerBI, Qlik, or Tableau
- Familiarity with Alteryx or statistical packages R and Python is a plus
- Experience with innovative problem solving - especially in the fields of finance, statistics, and mathematical modeling
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and MS Query
- Excellent data analysis skills and knowledge of problem analysis techniques