Financial Reporting Accountant-Professional
Electrolux North America, Inc., a $5 billion manufacturing and sales subsidiary of AB Electrolux, is seeking an experienced Accountant to handle a variety of accounting and reporting activities. The position reports to the Accounting Manager, North America and is based in Charlotte, NC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing month-end close responsibilities and financial reporting accurately as assigned and in compliance with internal controls, including entry of standard, complex and sensitive entries, account reconciliations and month end reporting
- Provide frequent and timely support to various business partners throughout the organization
- Prepare and provide financial statement preparation and analysis with variance to PLAN and Forecast in a timely manner
- Assist in quarterly and annual Budgeting and Forecasting processes
- Holds responsibility for the technical implementation of accounting guidelines in conjunction with financial reporting
- Standardize and streamline process efficiencies and identify and drive continuous Improvement in reporting and analytics
- Follow internal control procedures to ensure compliance
- Prepare information as needed for external auditors
- Perform other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with accounting concentration required
- 3-5 years of industry or public accounting experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to details and good organizational skills
- Advanced MS Excel required
- Must possess a proactive work ethic, including the ability and desire to take ownership of process improvement and other projects.
- Strong business aptitude, including having an outward perspective regarding how financial results are communicated and analyzed by internal audiences.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Flexible and dependable, able to meet business needs
- Operates with the highest integrity
- Effective problem solver in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-driven work environment.
- Prior experience in a multinational manufacturing corporation preferred.
- Effective in dealing with others to obtain information required for financial reporting and disclosures.
- Flexibility/Adaptable to meet business needs.
- Quick Starter
- JD Edwards and SQL experience