At Electrolux, we are on a journey to shape living for the better. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
As Firmware Architect you will work closely with colleagues from all over the world, understanding different realities, cultures and people, as well as being part of an open-minded team, where creativity is welcome, and innovation is the middle name.
In Porcia R&D facility is located the Global Fabric and Dish care Electronic Hardware Development which is part of the Group Electronic Organization (GEO).
All electronic controls for our appliances are developed and maintained from the beginning to the end of life, while the qualification testing can be performed both in Electrolux facilities and in external laboratories.
• Elicit software requirements from user requirements collected by system engineers.
• Contribute to develop and to apply guidelines defined within the Global Electronic Organization
• Design and develop code in “C” language of the SW for embedded applications
• Give inputs to innovation roadmap of the electronic according to the Design Team inputs
• Testing and debug on the appliance
• Prepare technical documentation following team guidelines
• Support project development on requirements collection and traceability for the electronic team
SW technical documentation for board production
Safety/Testing/Approval plan definition with other teams
Ensure compliance with both internal and external safety standards
Cost and Quality activities support
GEO interface to ensure component and solution/modules standardization
• Bachelor´s or Master´s degree in Electronics or equivalent work experience
• 2 to 5 years of experience in in SW design, embedded systems and Microcontroller applications for consumer electronics.
• Proficiency in SW development in C language
• Experience in development on ARM M0, M4 or similar embedded systems
• Experience of techniques for communicating between hardware and software
• Knowledge of embedded multi-processor systems and inter-processor communication techniques like I2C and SPI
• Testing and debug´s appliance experience
• Testing scripts development experience
• Experience preparing technical documentation following team guidelines
It’s considered a plus the experience on the following topics:
• Knowledge of one or more “Wet” appliances: dishwashers, tumble dryers, washing machines
• Knowledge of touch self/mutual capacitance systems
• Knowledge of Python or C# languages
• Knowledge of Math Works Simulink
• Usage of electronic laboratory equipment such as:
o Soldering station
• Knowledge of SW change management procedures
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.