Firmware Development Engineer
We are looking for a Firmware Development Engineer within the Global Technology R&D Electronics Food Preservation.
Specifically, she/he will be part of the Global Firmware Software and Tools Development team, located in Susegana (TV), Italy.
The team is in charge to develop and maintain the firmware and functional software of all the electronic boards for our refrigeration appliances (main board, user interface board, satellite board).
In this position you will be responsible inside an international project team for the execution of the firmware concept phase, its development and testing to drive the electronics boards present inside the appliance.
Key Operational Responsibilities:
• Development in “C” language of the Software following company guidelines and procedures.
• Write SW specification starting from a functional control specification of a related subsystem.
• Testing and debug on the appliances.
• Write firmware in a modular way when applicable, to be reused as much as possible across different HW platforms.
• Use of SW repository tools to store, share and reuse code (ex: Bitbucket, GIT, SVN, PTC,..).
• Lead and participate in all stages of the embedded software development cycle, including software design, coding, debugging, verification, validation, and documentation.
• Team oriented
• Good communication skills
• Proactive takes initiatives
• Ability to work in an international matrix organization - building strong and valid relationships with all the functions of the organization.
• Willing to travel
• Project management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor/Master degree in electronic engineering or computer science or similar software related education.
• 5 years’ experience in design for embedded systems.
• Fluent English is mandatory.
• Good in SW development in C language.
• Knowledge of C language programming for 8/32 bit microcontrollers (NXP – MICROCHIP - STM in general ARM M0, M4 Cortex are preferred).
• Experience in developing software for embedded applications in consumer electronics.
• Proficient with mainstream microcontrollers and familiar with development environment/tools.
• Capable to test/debug the software with an oscilloscope, debuggers, emulators, and logic analyser.
• Knowledge and experience in systems integration and the interactions between hardware and software design.
• Knowledge of electronic hardware.
• Usage of electronic laboratory equipment such as:
- Soldering station
It is considered a plus the experience on any of the following topics:
• Knowledge of touch self/mutual capacitance systems on simple graphical user interfaces without OS.
• Knowledge of C++ language programming is a plus.
• Knowledge of Python language programming is a plus.
• Knowledge and experience in computer networks, internetworking and TCP/IP protocols.
Kindly provide your CV in English