Open location, Location free
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooling, heating, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Firmware Engineer – Open Location
You will be joining the Global Connectivity & Technology team. We are a team of highly qualified engineers with strong industrial knowledge, supporting development of new platforms and services globally and across categories.
We offer you a key role in a company that is going through a digital transformation and moving towards a consumer-focused organization. We believe that smart appliances will further enable us to deliver great customer experience and we hope that you would like to join our journey.
We believe you have a passion for delivering remarkable consumer experiences to succeed in this role. You are comfortable in sharing your innovative ideas with your colleagues, as well as working in an international environment.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
If you are passionate about innovation, posses superb C programming skills and enjoy dynamic, international environment, join us and strengthen our Firmware Competence Team, which on everyday basis supports all Electrolux product lines with the best-in class firmware.
Your role is to design firmware for innovative embedded systems for connected consumer appliances with significant security requirements. You will be assigned to develop new products/modules/systems and improve currently used technologies and methods.
• Develop firmware for Linux embedded systems
• Develop firmware for micro controller based systems
• Debug and test
• Take care of documentation
• Interface with various (also non - technical) divisions as well as external suppliers
• International. You are used to a global environment with colleagues all over the world.
• Great listener and communicator. You will join a truly global team and work with other Electrolux offices around the world on a daily basis – therefore these attributes are key for making projects run smoothly.
• Proactive. You are keen for new experience, responsibility, and accountability. You are self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
• Creative. Willing to keep technical background always up-to-date, commitment to technical excellence.
• Team work oriented. In this role cross-functional collaboration is everything, so you should be comfortable in dealing with people with different backgrounds and responsibility, valuing and leading team work approach.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master Degree in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science.
• 1-3 years of experience in a similar role is required.
• In Experience within a complex international organization is a plus.
• Good Knowledge in Linux embedded is a must.
• Knowledge in C language programming for 8/32 bit micro controllers (Freescale - STM - ARM Cortex are preferred) is a plus.
• Knowledge in electronic hardware.
• Knowledge of software testing methodologies.
• Knowledge of firmware version management systems.
• Knowledge and experience on computer networks, inter networking and TCP/IP protocols.
• Knowledge in C++ language programming is a plus.