Primary responsibility: Design and
development of embedded electronics firmware.
A person in this position will serve an engineering role within the Global Electronics Group designing robust embedded electronics firmware and software solutions. This role involves working and coordinating with the Global Technology engineering teams and Product Development engineering teams, in alignment with Marketing, Industrial Design and Product Line specifications; towards the successful implementation of software for refrigeration appliances electronic controls, user interfaces, control modules, and sensors.
This individual will lead the design, development and qualification of software modules and other software activities to support new product development, innovation, product care, and continuation/support of legacy systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design software and firmware for electronic controls and control systems for refrigeration appliances.
- Design, document and implement and qualify modular embedded software, algorithms, low level drivers, digital signal processing drivers, communications protocols, and others.
- Functional software design and qualification of capacitive touch user interfaces.
- Development of detailed engineering documentation including functional specifications and block diagrams, schematics, component drawings, source code, compiled firmware and test procedures including FCT, ICT, and Software Regression Test specifications.
- Develop and document functional and technical specifications to implement embedded software and related features based of a variety of requirement inputs including: consumer, marketing, industrial design and other technology domain groups.
- Development of software tools and development processes to support R&D and manufacturing activities.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve, and apply best design practices to ensure successful product introduction using tools such as: standard project management techniques, toll gate development process, risk assessments, design reviews, & DFMEA’s, etc.
- Exhibits appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, scientific methods, and sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking, and personal integrity to achieve corporate goals and objectives.
- Participate in cross functional team meetings and associated activities.
- Participate in global team meetings and associated activities.
- Maintenance of legacy software, documentation and specifications.
- Participate in system and subsystem reviews.
- Review software designs for local & global designs.
- Assist and mentor other team members for any software issues.
- Innovation assessment of new technologies and tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering or related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience with design, application, integration, and manufacturing of embedded electronic control software and modules.
- Past experience with developing embedded software controls, control systems, and user interfaces would be a plus.
- Basic experience with software design for microcontroller-based applications including software engineering best practices, development tools, and statistical data analysis.
- Basic to Intermediary experience with ANSI C programming language. C++ and Python are a plus.
- Basic embedded systems debugging skills,
- Software design experience in digital filtering, digital signal acquisition, serial communication protocols, PID control systems, low level firmware development, computer architecture, capacitive touch libraries, would be a plus.
- Basic experience with embedded software development tools like Eclipse, IAR, GCC Compiler, Segger Jlink, GIT, Bitbucket, Jira and others.
- Experience with ST, Freescale, NXP, Atmel, Microchip, ARM and other microprocessors and development environments/tools including various compilers and debuggers is a plus.
- Statistical data analysis
- Hands on ability using electronics lab equipment including oscilloscopes, function generators, signal analyzers, multimeters, etc.
- Experience with tools associated with new project development activities including stage gate development processes, DFMEA, design reviews, project planning, part tracking and milestone schedule management is a plus.
- Ability to work as an integral, contributing member of both domestic and international technical electronics development teams.
- Ability to organize and manage workload in order to effectively support multiple projects.
- Highly motivated individual that has a strong drive for results; communicates effectively both in written and verbal communication formats.
- Experience with computer applications: MS Power Powerpoint, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Visio.
- Embedded Software
- Software engineering techniques.
- ANSI C/C++