Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Fabricate and/or modify flow racks, carts, workstations, etc. to support EMS workshops and other continuous improvement activities.
• Maintain condition of the MRO/EMS cage as a model area for the rest of the factory with respect to 5S and Visual Factory.
• Implement the EMS "toolbox" through the teaming concept in a manufacturing environment. Change agent will be involved with implementation of EMS tools which includes stability, process improvement and cultural change.
• Demonstrate the fundamentals of EMS including, but not limited to, 5S, waste elimination, standard work, safety, visual factory, and continuous improvement.
• Provide hands on assistance to teams during the implementation of EMS tools.
• Document all improvement activities according to EMS requirements. Monitor areas after implementation for sustainability.
• Participate in various audits (STOP, EMS Performance, Std Work, 5D, etc.) to assess implementation level and/or sustainability in various areas around the factory
• Insure all necessary tools, equipment, training aids, and supplies are available in the MRO fabrication area for EMS workshops and other improvement activity efforts.
• Complete all work assignments in a safe, productive and cost effective manner designed to meet or exceed Electrolux quality, safety and workmanship standards.
• Other duties as assigned by MRO Supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Ability to accurately read measuring tools and safely use simple power tools to fabricate or modify items to support continuous improvement projects and workshops.
• Experience working with modular material handling systems (Creform, Trilogiq, etc.).
• Minimum of 1 year manufacturing experience working with or implementing lean manufacturing techniques.
• EMS Yellow Gear certification required. EMS Green Gear certification is preferred.
• Additional documented training in lean manufacturing is a plus.
• High Diploma or GED required.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
*Must possess a Valid North Carolina Driver's License