The Polyurethane Foam Engineer will work with global team of manufacturing engineers, plant engineers, procurement and global suppliers to assure that best polyurethane foaming standards and technologies are used for product development.
- The Polyurethane Foam Engineer will be responsible for developing and modifying materials, equipment, tooling and processing techniques and to stabilize the process for the future as well.This will include improving and stabilizing all current Polyurethane Foaming processes
- To assist the team in product development process from initial phase and take care of cost, processing and product designing
- Create safe and cost effective foamed cabinet and door assemblies with great quality and durability
- To manage pre-foam assembly, chemical plants, fixtures, materials, wet systems, foam head design, simulations work, material development (Isocyanate, Polyol and blowing agent development), quality systems and other technologies relates to Polyurethane foam
- To work with plants, material experts, and engineers on the characterization and evaluation of processes
- May require to work as a subject matter expert when it comes to the foaming of refrigeration products
- Lead basic and applied research in Foaming processes and transition these to manufacturing operations through an internal process known as Bill of Process creation
- To identify technology trends and determine how they can be used in manufacturing operations
- To coordinate, conduct and facilitate global meetings with other subject matter experts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Chemical Engineers are preferred
- 2+ years of experience in closed cell foam processing for a large scale manufacturing plant
- Strong experience in Rigid PU foam process (Chemical plant, mechanical, tooling and quality) preferred
- Experience in troubleshooting simple and complex pressure variations, pump through-put issues, poor foam quality, dimensional variations, mix head and diverter valve functioning, etc.
- Should have strong internal and external technical network to foam assemblies in a high volume manufacturing environment