Food Freshness Preservation – Global R&D
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
In this position you will be part of the Global Technology team Food Freshness and will be in charge for stewarding product design strategy of Food Freshness solutions globally, working closely with a broad group of internal reference people/ stakeholders and external partners.
We are seeking a proactive team member who can help operationalize and integrate food freshness solutions into new product development processes with the ultimate goal of enabling the development of new refrigerators and freezers with solutions in line with the Group strategy to Preserve freshness of food for longer and promote solutions to minimize wastes.
You will be based in Electrolux Food Preservation site in Susegana, Italy only 1 hour distance from Venice, where we are undergoing multimillion industry 4.0 investment. Here you will work together with nearly 1400 colleagues from different functions, and various nationalities, with the common goal to create the refrigeration of the future.
Join us to shape the future of Food Preservation around the world. In this role you will support Food Freshness Attribute and Module Roadmap development, work with stakeholders to drive impact in planning, performances, and strategic discussions to boost innovation into our Food Preservation products Globally and make it really happen.
· Develop food freshness preservation Attribute Roadmap with new Solutions and/or new Modules that will become key innovations to enhance the new products in taking care of the food.
· Partner with internal Technology and Food Science community and with external partners to develop integrated roadmaps of modules, products and solutions that aim to improve preservation of foods, as well as integrating into new product development and innovation processes.
· Work with business areas and claim managers to support a consistent understanding and translation of Food freshness improvements into product claims, also following new regulatory standard also under developments.
· Applies project management principles to effectively accomplish goals and objectives on time and within budgetary constraints.
· Raise awareness & expertise on current food freshness product solutions and assess methodologies like design thinking.
· Contribute in Building a Consumer Experience business models, boarding innovation culture across the company by partnering with R&D, design, GO, CX and BAs teams;
· Identify and capture Food freshness trends and potential improvements
· Drive innovation through internal and external partnerships with R&D, GTO, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Purchasing and other GO and CX teams;
· Serve as a connector and share best practices across all CX Areas to apply food freshness solutions into all our products;
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred in Technical Engineering (Management, Mechanical or Chemical) or Biology, Food Science, or equivalent work experience.
· Min. 5 years of deep consumer experience in innovation or R&D department (including project leadership of home appliances or similar business areas)
· Is able to synthetize and clearly present technical information to groups such as project boards, X-functional team meetings.
· Structured, well organized and professional approach in all activities, able to generate several alternative solutions and evaluate their feasibility.
· knowledge of CAD, PLM is a plus
· Knowledge of successful design with implementation into production, modules, solutions or new services is a plus.
· Fluent English language and Italian as a plus
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Our Consumer Experience organisation is a global team dedicated to shaping living for the better – transforming business, industry and our consumers lives! Does that appeal to you? This may just be the position you're looking for. Consumer Experience spans brand, marketing, design, sustainability, R&D, technology and innovation. We're dedicated to working toward the Electrolux mission to deliver sustainable and outstanding experiences for consumers around the world. Join us!
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.