Forecast and Business Analyst - Last Mile
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Forecast & Business analyst will provide analytical support in preparing the monthly forecast and business performance metrics for the Last Mile logistics team. This role will report directly to the Last Mile Customer Solutions Manager who will oversee and direct their priorities. Using a variety of business intelligence tools, this role will provide statistical insights to Last Mile Leadership in support of decision making.
- Engage in monthly collaboration with sales on upcoming contracts and expected business changes as direct input to forecasting.
- Conduct historical extracts from BI platform to prepare historical trends as further input into forecasting efforts.
- Prepare monthly forecast and present to LM Leadership team each month for review.
- Maintain and manage returns database tools to ensure accurate capture of all returns coming through Last Mile network.
- Prepare monthly returns reporting for review with Last Mile Leadership team.
- Prepares weekly performance analytics using Last Mile digital platform and applies statistical analysis to pinpoint performance challenges to goal.
- Provide back up to escalations management inbox.
- Analyze escalations to determine root causes and advise CSR for solutioning.
- Analyze order quality metrics to determine root causes of performance challenges.
- Execute commercial and consumer surveys to get feedback on Last Mile services.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You look at everything from every angle, distilling the core message and putting it together in a way that excites and delights.
- You appreciate and understand process and the project goals.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or other quantitative discipline.
- 2 years or more experience working with business intelligence tools such as Power BI, Excel, Access, Cognos, or other related tools.
- Strong working experience in Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
- Experience with performing statistical analysis on enterprise data.
- Basic presentation skills as required to share analysis.
- Strong attention to detail.