Business Sector: Global Operations Major Appliances, Fabric Care
Department: Global Technology Domain
The Global Technology Domain (GTD) is a global team (290+ employees) based in 4 different continents (Europe, Asia, North & South America) responsible to drive, at global level, the definition and the deployment of the technology roadmap for the following domains related to Washing Machines, Tumble Dryers and Dishwashers:
- Digital & Power Electronic;
- Electric components and mechatronics systems;
- Human machine interface solutions;
- Control Algorithms and Artificial Intelligence;
- Washing, Cleaning and Drying Product functionalities;
We are now opening an opportunity to join the team as Functional Engineer for the Washing Technology Laboratory, to take part of the development of new washing machine and washer-dryer products at global level for the Fabric Care R&D organization
Reporting to: Washing Technology Manager
• Education: Master’s or bachelor's degree in Thermodynamic, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or similar
• Year of experience – up to 3 years
• English - with efficient communication skills, including recording and presenting test output
• Analytical thinking
• Laboratory testing design and execution - with at least basic knowledge for statistical approach on testing methodologies;
• Prototype Building;
• IT skills –software programming, knowledge in MatLab and LabView is a plus
• Positive thinking, Open-minded and Proactivity
Key operational responsibilities:
• Understanding of standard and customized testing procedures, timelines and deliverables related to assigned activities.
• Test plan definition according to target component/system and expected results. Definition of novel test practices upon need.
• Test execution on new components on dedicated test benches or on the application during all development stages, including setting up and testing preparation.
• Data analysis, test report preparation and release.
• Assembly and verification of prototypes of components, systems or appliances for lab testing.
• Understanding of product technical specifications; support the introduction of new technologies in cooperation with the relevant departments.
• Integration and coordination of inputs coming from other teams (e.g. Hydraulics, Mechanical, Software) to support appliance functionality development.
• Demonstrate creative ability; exhibits appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives.