Functionality Laboratory Engineer
Bring the ideas to life that make people smile.
As a Functionality Laboratory Engineer for the Washing Technology Laboratory, you will take part in the development of new washing machines at global level for the R&D department.
A typical day at work
You approach your responsibilities proactively and innovatively, with practical sense and operative attitude, you aim to define the washing and drying cycles through performance testing at product level. As an independent professional, you are in charge of implementation and optimization of washing and drying cycles, supporting the development of new projects and ensuring the achievement of technical targets and compliance with appropriate standards. You use statistics to draw conclusions and work on required documentation.
Your focus will be to:
• Understand standards and customize testing procedures, timelines and deliverables related to assigned activities
• Test plan definition according to target component/system and expected results - definition of novel test practices upon need
• Test execution on new components on dedicated test benches or on the application during all development stages, including setting up and testing preparation
• Assembly and verify prototypes of components, systems or appliances for lab testing
• Understand product technical specifications; support the introduction of new technologies in cooperation with the relevant departments
• Integrate and coordinate inputs coming from other teams (e.g. Hydraulics, Mechanical, Software) to support appliance functionality development
• Team player. In this role cross-functional collaboration is everything, so you should like to work in groups as well as on your own.
• Proactive. You’re not just solving the tasks you are given, you always think ahead.
• Good listener and communicator. You will become the spider in the web and work with other Electrolux departments on a daily basis – therefore these attributes are keys for making projects run smoothly.
• Flexible. Your environment is dynamically changing.
Education & experience:
• Master’s or bachelor's degree in Thermodynamic Engineering. Electrical or Mechanical Engineering may also be compatible with the role
• 3-5 years of experience as R&D lab engineer
• Understanding of laboratory testing design and execution with at least basic knowledge for statistical approach on testing methodologies
• Familiarity with prototype building would be a plus
• Basic/Medium software programming (knowledge of MatLab and LabView would be a plus)
Please kindly submit your CV in English