Gas Product Designer
To develop gas products for the EMANA Cooking group based on corporate and management directives; apply sound engineering principles to accomplish expected goals and objectives; initiates actions necessary to begin new programs and follows them through production release.
Responsible for the day to day design of all gas cooking products and/or components. Development assignments can range in complexity from component level modification to complete platform and system designs. Applies engineering principles to effectively accomplish designs, goals and objectives on time and within cost constraints. Interfaces with all GTO engineers, vendors and customers within the scope of the position to achieve desired results. This person will have specific knowledge of Catia or equal 3D software. Will manage offsite Design group on drawings and ECN’s. Will do testing on product to confirm designs in Gas Lab, as it would apply to product enhancements as a part of product development. Provides engineering management periodic status updates as required. This position will involve some travel and some extended overnight stays.
- Design and document of gas products/components that meet or exceed both in-house and customer testing requirements for EMANA and Global products
- Chair design and project reviews as required
- Develops project schedules to PCP guidelines in support of project goals and objectives.
- Actively participate in cost out development activities as related to gas product/components without suffering product quality or target performance measures
- Work with quality and service to identify and address any issues that are identified to be related to gas product/components
- Work with vendor base to insure gas product/components meets all defined testing / quality requirements
- Work with customers in development of gas product/components specifications and requirements to the benefit of both EMANA and the customer
- Work with EMANA OEM suppliers to insure performance to set gas product/components specifications
- Direct the activities of assigned offsite designers and drafters.
- Prepare and direct preparation of engineering documentation (ECN’s, BOM’s, Drawings, and Specifications)
- Oversee disposition of first piece sample approvals.
- Interface with Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, and Outside Suppliers to provide or obtain necessary information.
- Perform any and all functions as outlined by Engineering Management; participate in special function teams and support production as required.
- Fully supports company programs, policies and objectives
- Minimum of 1 years of design related experience.
- Gas Appliance development experience is a plus
- Demonstrated PC proficiency is required
- Ability to travel is required