General Accountant 1
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
The Cost Analyst reports directly to the Plant Controller. The ideal candidate will be an accounting professional with at least two years of experience in forecasting, general ledger, and accounts payable. This position will help manage the monthly close process as it relates to expense and variance reporting, and will evaluate accounting systems and processes, recommend process improvements and work with internal business partners to implement change. The Cost Analyst will be responsible for working with corporate and global Accounts Payable to resolve invoicing issues and ensure prompt payments. This position will also manage the plant’s daily KPI reporting. This will include producing several reports and working with other team members to obtain information. The individual should be highly proficient in Excel/Pivot Tables/V-Look up and be able to analyze variances as well as prepare a wide range of reports to meet the needs of various internal business partners including manufacturing to drive process and cost optimization. The individual should also have a strong understanding of internal controls and internal audit procedures, as he/she will serve as the primary point of contact for auditors both internal and external.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly financial close entries are complete and that adequate internal controls are followed.
- Assist in building monthly forecasts.
- Oversee internal control procedures and liaise with external auditors during test work.
- Prepare daily KPI reports for the management team by utilizing advanced Excel functions.
- Investigate and explain variances to forecasts.
- Liaise with vendors and accounts payable to ensure timely payments.
- Provide support and oversight to Premium freight process.
- Prepare month end journal entries and reconciliations.
- Prepare weekly productivity and stability reports.
- Assist in the management of Annual Physical Inventory (Raw/WIP & MRO).
- Manage and execute special projects as assigned by the Plant Controller.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/business required.
- CPA and/or CMA designation is viewed favorably.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in General Accounting is preferred. Experience using cost accounting modules of JD Edwards or comparable ERP system in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience in Lean/Six Sigma is a strong plus.
- Solid understanding of general accounting and internal audit controls.
- Accounts Payable experience and ability to work with corporate and global AP team.
- Exceptional technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for getting involved in all aspects of the business.
- Ability to solve unstructured business and accounting problems and lead multiple priorities with little day to day direction.
- Positive attitude and “can do” spirit to drive change.
- Lean manufacturing or like experience preferred.
- Ability to respond quickly and positively to change as well as acting as a change catalyst.
- ERP experience preferred (JD Edwards/SAP/Mapics) and related system conversion experience preferred.
- Proficient in Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Word, data mining, SQL/ODBC, Kronos, etc.