Global Air Care R&D Manager
Global R&D Air Care is looking for an experienced Project Engineer who will be responsible to develop new products/modules/systems by generation, evaluation, analysis and development of design concepts. Chosen candidate will work in an international and multicultural environment in a cross-functional team and have the opportunity to grow in this environment. She/he will be responsible for the complete chain of development process from idea generation to solution validation and launching new products in mass production.
Key operational responsibilities
- Develop technical solutions of a project to include initial scoping, design concept generation, functional prototyping, design validation, manufacturing validation, and development of value engineering plans through product launch.
- Follow a standard engineering workflow, with milestones, and specific deliverables to be complimented with an innovative, continuous improvement spirit and obsession for exceeding customer expectations.
- Investigate and prescribe optimized materials and manufacturing Look beyond current material and manufacturing standards, and integrate outside industry best practices and manufacturing innovation into the development.
- Apply critical thinking to understand depth of design and to predict why, when, and how designs fail.
- Lead collaborative sessions within and outside technical domain to gather information and vet technical opportunities, consumer needs, and optimized design.
Generate novel technical innovation that can be used to gain competitive advantage
Run cost out activities together with should cost analysis and benchmark activities
Analyze SCR and run quality improvement activities,
Head of Global R&D Air Care
Master’s Degree (MS) (PhD will be preferred) in Mechanical Engineering in Thermo-dynamics and heat transfer with a minimum of +10 year experience in developing Residential Air Conditioner (RAC) is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
Proficient with new project development activities; design concept generation and decision making, design reviews, prototype building and evaluation, DFMEA, tolerance analysis, design of experiments, process capability, design verification, milestone schedule management, and line trial activities
Strong understanding of engineering principles, developing mechanical models, interpreting test data, and model simulation and validation.
Ability to use CAD programmer (CATIA Preferred)
Ability to use CAE tools (ANSYS, Fluent, Heat Exchanger simulation programme)
Strong experience on cost out activities together with competitor analysis through benchmark activities
Ability to run Statistical, DOE, optimization and quality tools
Experienced on Global Standard, regulations and product liability related with RAC
Experienced on development of LCAC( Light Commercial Air Conditioner) product (Preferred)
• Team player. In this role cross-functional collaboration is everything, so you should be comfortable in dealing with people with different backgrounds and responsibility;
• Good listener and communicator. You will become the spider in the web and work with other Electrolux offices around the world on a daily basis – therefore these attributes are key for making projects run smoothly;
• Proactive. You are keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. You are self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook;
• Adaptive. You like challenges and you are flexible to adapt to new situations and contexts;
• Creative. You like to explore new ways of thinking and you are oriented towards innovation.
• Theoretical. You enjoy knowing all the details of the subject you are working on, understanding really well the fundamentals and terminologies.
• Fluent knowledge of English (written and spoken)