Global Automation Leader
Porcia or Susegana (Italy), Italy
Create the perfect process. Influence the way we automatically produce our products, globally.
Global Automation Leader
Global Manufacturing Engineering Food Preservation organization is looking for a motivated Automation Leader to join our global team and be part of our company transformation.
If questioning the status quo and finding better solutions is what satisfy you the most, then we have a great opportunity for you to drive modularization and automation, core process optimization for refrigeration - globally.
Your great input will enable the company to constantly improve efficiency and product quality and shape the way we think and produce our cutting-edge solutions.
You will report to the Director and you will have as main interfaces in the organization: Global R&D Food Preservation, Advanced Technology & Development, Manufacturing Engineering (Sectors & Plants) and Quality.
In particular you will work with plants & sector manufacturing engineering to:
• improve quality and performances
• lower costs
• optimize energy efficiency and overheads
You will cooperate with R&D to:
• Facilitate DFMA on new assembly lines components
• Define Core Technology Road Map
Your typical day at work
• Own the internal know-how and capabilities of specific core manufacturing processes relating to food preservation processes (assembling/cooling/brazing & testing/foaming/termoforming).
• Own and periodically update the related Process Optimization Books and Model factory and drive the factories towards their compliance.
• Create and maintain global specifications for main equipment and processes.
• Research, validate and recommend new technologies and methods for foaming and thermoforming including methods to maximize energy efficiency and ready to automation.
• Plan and optimize of new equipment, and co-operate with Capex team to ensure the purchase of right equipment.
• Standardize with Capex the equipment.
• Support the Digital transformation, ongoing in the company: Maintain global database on relevant process metrics included sensors needed, 3d layouts and simulations.
• Maintain the global process forum and facilitate sharing of best practice information and problem solving.
• Drive automation support, develop and spread best practices around the Company (i.e. support evaluating the fitness for automation)
A true team player: You enjoy working in a Matrix Organization and with virtual Teams
Problem-solver: You see challenges as opportunities.
Go the extra mile: you take initiative and work proactively to deliver results.
Continuous improvement mind-set: You believe in the power of innovation and that we can always do better.
• Technical degree
• Manufacturing engineering background
• Good English knowledge
• Ability to travel internationally 30% of the time