Global Category Manager - Electronics
Purchasing & Sourcing
DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Within the Group Purchasing Organization, the Commodity Manager has the key responsibility of developing and maintaining a competitive, supportive, and high performing portfolio of suppliers to be utilized by the Product Lines. This person will be responsible for establishing and building the relationships with our Suppliers leading the Value Based Sourcing approach, being sure all the departments you cooperate with are aligned with your Purchasing vision.
- Manage the business strategically to extract maximum value from business relationship with suppliers, leverage and promote complexity reduction, cost performance, and innovation driving.
- Negotiate prices and Long-Term Agreements with assigned suppliers.
- Works with key stakeholders at Product Lines and Business Area to build and deploy a category strategy that aligns all Business Areas requirements.
- Scouts for new sources and Innovation.
- Implements improved sourcing methods, support tooling optimization and supplier risk assessment.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You look at everything from every angle, distilling the core message and putting it together in a way that excites and delights.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
- You nurture and develop the relationships that implement innovation.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering/IT or a consolidated know-how in Electronics area.
- 5+ years relevant experience in Purchasing for technical components, with international exposure.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken. Italian or Chinese would be a plus.
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development, and integration.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain good cross functional working relationships.
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.