Global Commodity Manager Mechanical & Raw Material
Purchasing & Sourcing
Give your contribution driving strategic purchasing
EPR Commodity Manager Purchasing
Electrolux Professional Purchasing is a fundamental contributor to the achievement of the company objectives.
In our world, we build on long-term relationships with our suppliers, the best value for money, the most meaningful innovation and excellent quality with respect for our values. Our mission is to support the company in delivering on time with perfect quality at the right cost so that as a company we can live up to the expectations of our customers.
We operate both at global and plant level and collaborate with a panel of international suppliers engaging them with our internal business partners like Sales, R&D, Quality, Manufacturing & Engineering, Product Line, Marketing, Finance etc.
We rely on building strong cooperation. We focus on innovation, quality, and development of long-term relationships with our strategic suppliers. Sustainability and continuous improvement are the elements that are underpinning our activity.
As we operate in a dynamic, international and competitive environment, Purchasing is sometimes quite challenging. We count on our well-developed social capabilities and a good set of technical or financial skills to get us through the day.
We are offering a long-term, full-time position as Commodity Purchasing Manager.
We are looking forward to welcoming in our team, individuals who go the extra mile and put their energy in converting ideas and concepts into projects and actions to satisfy our customers’ needs.
If you are a team worker, willing to take on new challenges,
If you are capable to develop and take important business decisions
If you are ready to withstand the pressure and responsibility of your function
if you have excellent negotiating and influencing skills,
If you are open minded and creative
If you think you will be able to contribute to the success of our company
… then this is the opportunity you were looking for.
The Global Commodity Manager is positioned at the interface between Electrolux’s product teams and the industries related to the commodity. In this role, the individual is responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies as well as recommending product innovations based on improving quality. The position requires an interest in market dynamics and competitive behavior, negotiation and pricing, manufacturing processes, and risk mitigation.
Among the different areas of responsibilities, she/he will:
• Develop & maintain strategic and sustainable relationships with key suppliers to plan, organize and drive the best sourcing activities
• Establish current and long-term objectives, setting plans for the future, including the development of suppliers to meet Electrolux requirements for cost, quality, delivery reliability, new product launch, code of conduct and environmental compliance
• Understand the tradeoffs between cost, volume, and quality in order to strike agreements that meet Electrolux performance criteria and secure long-term supply continuity.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of his/her commodity (value-added manufacturing processes and costs, reverse logistics, and market intelligence) and apply this knowledge to influence Electrolux’s future product roadmap and sourcing decisions.
• Lead innovation input from suppliers and promote it into Electrolux
• Develop a good relationship with key peers (Supply Chain, Quality, Product Line, R&D, Operations).
All this while keeping Electrolux values and priorities in check.
• University degree or equivalent through experience
• Specialties can range from economics, technical studies
Experience and skills required
• a minimum of 5/7 years of relevant experience in purchasing in a multinational environment
• Experience in adjacent disciplines like those that logistics, manufacturing, research, and development are also welcomed
• Ability to work in a dynamic, multicultural environment
Languages: Mandatory fluent in English, any other language is an asset.