Global Controls Engineer
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Global Sr. Controls Engineer will support PLC, HMI and SCADA software for control systems and equipment during design, installation and startup of a new plant. You will provide expertise and guidance to project teams during design reviews and equipment installation as it relates to electrical, control and automation systems. You will assist in the review and approval of contractor designs, detailed scope descriptions, detailed schedules, risk management approach and milestone descriptions. You will be responsible for typical deliverables such as on time, on budget delivery of all activities and projects that meet objectives as well as support of all manufacturing processes and improvement initiatives.
- Investigate and solve complex problems and acts as electrical subject matter expert during design reviews
- Confirm equipment and automation systems meet Electrolux specifications
- Support projects and leads activities related to process equipment installation and startup
- Supporting the standardization of common processes and automation solutions across multiple manufacturing location
- Planning and optimization of new automation systems and equipment. (Modular Automation)
- Manage multiple project schedules while updating project documentation for updates to key leadership
WHO YOU ARE:
- You work efficiently and proactively to deliver results.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred) with strong knowledge of engineering design concepts and practices
- 5+ years’ experience in automation, controls and electrical engineering
- 5+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years’ experience in programming/developing/configuring PLC, HMI and SCADA systems and network architecture (Siemens preferred)
- Experience in startup/commissioning of new processes, control and automation equipment/systems
- Experience with robotics and automation cells (Kuka preferred) as well as reading and understanding electrical prints
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (MS Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and experience in reading and interpreting documents such as technical data, safety procedures, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Experience with automated equipment, sensors and camera systems and knowledge of NEC, OPC Systems & SCADA & HMI and Siemens TIA Portal preferred