Global Director of Systems Engineering
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Global Director of Systems Engineering will be leading global, cross-product line teams of systems engineers in developing innovative electronic control systems for consumer appliances. You will assist with leading cross-product line teams to standardize ways of working, development methodologies, and electronic system architectures based on identified best practices and recognize the needs/requirements of all product categories to collaboratively develop a unified set of requirements that can be used for engineering implementation across product categories.. The focus areas are user interfaces, human machine interfaces, and power conversion electronics as well as creating plan for developing and standardizing requirements/specification modules including prioritization, resource needs, and schedule estimates. As an integral member of the Global Connectivity & Technology (GC&T) team, you will provide the technical leadership and expertise in executing system requirements development from conceptualization through production and across all product lines and also create and maintain a method for governance of standardized requirements/specification modules and how those link to hardware and firmware/software design modules.
- Creation of cross product line working teams consisting of subject matter experts in the field of systems engineering with focus on overall product architecture.
- Identification of existing best practices inside the company in the area of electronic systems engineering and work to continuously improve the standard development methodologies through monitoring emerging ways of working and tools used across various industries for requirements definition, communications, and change management.
- Utilize the cross-product line working teams to identify requirements, specifications, and test methods/procedures that should be utilized across all product categories globally
- Lead subject matter experts in working teams to create a cross-product line data model of the appliances, internal communication protocol, interfaces between modules and overall system architecture of the electronics.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution in cross-product line working teams in order to maintain progress and realize the optimal solutions for the business
- Development of metrics and KPIs for requirements/specifications that can be utilized to understand our current maturity level and give indicators how to continuously improve.
- Lead the evaluation and standardize systems engineering development tools and lifecycle/change management systems across product lines. This is to be an ongoing process.
- Periodic and regular communications of the interoperability strategy, technology updates, accomplishments, and next steps to all in the electronics development community.
- Work and collaborate in an international environment with multiple global and regional product teams, competence centers and experts. Build and maintain internal and external networks (e.g. external suppliers, institutes, universities etc.) while maintaining and developing a high level of alignment with technology partners, advanced purchasing, product lines and the global technology organizations.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You know your stuff and apply your knowledge and new ways of thinking to innovate new ways of working.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- MSc. Or equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent field. Candidates with a BSc degree in combination with additional relevant experience will also be considered.
- Minimum ten years of broad and relevant electronic controls engineering experience and five years of management or leadership experience.
- Strong knowledge of overall appliance operation, functionality, and requirements. Ideally candidate will have experience and knowledge of multiple different product categories in different regions.
- Experience developing product level, hardware level, and software level specifications utilized by design engineers for implementation of requirements
- Experience with software testing and validation techniques as well as design/programming experience using C/C++ embedded software.
- Experience with communication buses ( I2C, SPI, TCPIP, CAN bus etc.), ethernet controllers and regulatory requirements for electronic controls (UL, CE, IEC…)
- Experience in developing user interfaces that incorporate LED, LCD, and TFT display technologies as well as with regulatory approval testing and processes
- Experience developing human machine interfaces utilizing capacitive touch technologies
- Experience working with robust change management and release tools/processes such as MKS/PTC, DOORS, Collaborator, Confluence, Bitbucket, JIRA, etc…
- Experienced working in an Agile SW development environment and with corresponding issue tracking tools and knowledge of Atlassian suite is a plus.