Global Electrolux Talent Program - Architecture Development Engineer
Architecture Development Engineer – Internship
Global Electrolux Talent Program presents:
The Global Electrolux Talent Program is a proactive initiative that brings together young talent across various functions and global offices of Electrolux. This program is for you, who are interested in a global, hands-on experience in an intercultural setting with the goal of securing global employment opportunities within the company upon a successful completion of the internship.
Architecture Development Engineer – Rothenburg, Germany
Reporting to the Ovens Platform Manager, the Architecture Development Engineer Trainee will drive design development activities at component, system and product level. Will be integrated on multi-cultural and disciplinary project teams focus on ovens development considering given performance, quality and cost targets for the products.
You will, as part of the product development, assess and evaluate issues root causes and define technical solutions according to the product requirements and manufacturing needs, based on analyses from virtual and physical prototypes and tests. As well, prepare DRWs and ASMs design.
A regular day at work:
As a member of the Oven Architecture R&D Food Preparation team you will:
• Develop and drive innovation activities in the areas of
• New platform or subsystem projects
• New features and aesthetical design
• Cost reduction
• Quality improvement
• Platform or subsystem standardization
• Products/modules/systems/components design development within given project targets
• Generate and validate new components/systems/modules/products based on
• Design for performance, cost and quality
• Design for manufacturing, assembly and automation
• Design for reliability and safety
• Design based on engineering principles and standards
• Define and collaborate on design validation with virtual and physical prototypes
• Evaluate and assess data on structural and statistical base
• Participate in project teams & cooperate with cross-functional teams in an international environment
• Ensure that new development fits within the platform and subsystem structure, interfaces and strategy
• Analysis of technical solutions with suppliers, factories, quality and other involved stakeholders
• Define input for Bill of Material
• Use of development and quality tools
• Assure part and product approval according legal requirements
• Create component and product specifications
Who you are:
Above all you have an intense drive, willingness to learn and a continuous improvement mindset!
• Agile - Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results within simultaneously running processes. A fast thinker with ability to pick up and treat new information rapidly.
• Analytical - With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data. A passion for analysing data and making business conclusions and recommendations.
• Growth - You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
• Team player – committed to deliver on your tasks and supporting the team.
• Collaborative - You ask, and you listen, you take ideas on board and drive for constant improvement.
• Communicative - Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas and build a good relationship with colleagues.
• A problem-solver - You see a challenge as an opportunity, and you are not afraid of “rolling-up the sleeves” to get into the details of solving a problem
The position requires:
Education & experience:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (e.g. Aerospace, Automation or Electromechanical Engineering)
• 0-2 years of working experience
• Ability to manage multiple, changing priorities while working effectively in a team environment
• Great problem-solving skills
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
What you will learn:
You will be able to reach a 360 view of a product development process:
• Understand of a structured and engineering approach during each development phase
• Knowledge in components, systems and product design, development and industrialization
• Knowledge of development and quality tools (FMEA´s, DoE’s, tolerance analysis…)
• Knowledge of CAE tools and methods (FEA, CFD and optimization)
• Knowledge of CAD design tool
• Knowledge of the main manufacturing methods (metal forming, injection molding, die casting) and assembly processes
• Learn on design for performance, cost and quality
• Learn on design for manufacturing, assembling and automation
• Knowledge of approval and environmental rules in different countries
• Understand on the integration of components and systems into products, including evaluation of modularity and architectural guidelines
• Gain experience in working with cross functional international project teams
• Project management and tasks plan, execution and track
What you will get from the program:
• Learning experience within 12 months
• Gross salary of 1,819 EUR
• Vacation days and other company benefits
• Visa costs and process
• Reallocation support: local registration processes
Note: As the application evaluation process will only start after the closing date, you can expect to receive updates of your application status within 2 weeks from that.