Global Electrolux Talent Program - Concept Development Engineer
Concept Development Engineer - Internship
Global Electrolux Talent Program presents:
The Global Electrolux Talent Program is a proactive initiative that brings together young talent across various functions and global offices of Electrolux. This program is for you, who are interested in a global, hands-on experience in an intercultural setting with the goal of securing global employment opportunities within the company upon a successful completion of the internship.
Concept Development Engineer – Stockholm, Sweden
Air Care Advanced Development is looking for a Concept Development Engineer to be responsible to provide innovative product concepts and technical solutions for the new products/modules/systems development project by generation, evaluation, analysis, and development of design concepts.
Chosen candidate will work in an international and multicultural environment in a cross functional team and have opportunity to grow in this environment. She/he will be responsible for the complete chain of development process starting from idea generation to solution validation.
A regular day at work:
• Defining project target together with project steering committee
• Leading Advanced/Concept Development projects (supported by Expert) reporting to a global steering committee
• Developing technical solutions of a project to include initial scoping, design concept generation and functional prototyping
• Researching and assessing feasibility of new technologies and ideas
• Being the technical reference in Concept Development Projects
• Building a global technology network both within and outside of the organization to ensure following technology development and be the hub of technical insights
• Supporting patent research and application process
• Follow a standard engineering workflow, with milestones, and specific deliverables to be complimented with an innovative, continuous improvement spirit and obsession for exceeding customer expectations.
• Apply critical thinking to understand depth of design and to predict why, when, and how designs fail.
• Support product development team in project as full member in development team or taking short term assignments in core technical focus areas.
Who you are:
Above all you have an intense drive, willingness to learn and a continuous improvement mindset!
• Agile - Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results within simultaneously running processes. A fast thinker with ability to pick up and treat new information rapidly.
• Analytical - With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data. A passion for analysing data , and the voice of consumer into technical solutions.
• Growth - You love to explore new ideas, creative and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
• Team player – committed to deliver on your tasks, able, and willing to work with the team.
• Collaborative - You ask, and you listen, you take ideas on board and drive for constant improvement.
• Communicative - Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas and build a good relationship with colleagues.
• A problem-solver - You see a challenge as an opportunity, and you are not afraid of “rolling-up the sleeves” to get into the details of solving a problem
Education & experience:
The position requires:
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree will be preferred) in Mechanical Engineering.
• Strong understanding of engineering principles, developing mechanical models, interpreting test data, and model simulation and validation.
• Expertise in 3D modeling (Catia is preferred)
• Good knowledge of Engineering Design Process
• Good knowledge of plastic part design (materials, molding, injection) and mechanisms
• Basic knowledge of Statistics, DoE, Optimization and Quality tools.
• Basic knowledge of product cost accounting and reporting
• Foundation within:
- Writing technical project reports (English)
- Testing procedures and standards
- Project leadership in small teams
- Product costing
- Patent processes
- Work shop experience e.g. practical
It is preferred:
• An experience in developing Home Appliances is preferred. (Residential Air Conditioner and/or Air Purifier (RAC) is preferred)
• Experienced in product design
• Experienced in Project Management
• Practical experience eg. building prototypes or other equipment
What you will get from the program:
• Learning experience within 14 months
• Gross salary of 25,000 SEK
• Vacation days and other company benefits
• Cellphone and laptop
• Visa costs and process
• Reallocation support: local registration processes