Global Electrolux Talent Program - Electromechanical Designer
Electromechanical Designer – Internship
Global Electrolux Talent Program presents:
The Global Electrolux Talent Program is a proactive initiative that brings together young talent across various functions and global offices of Electrolux. This program is for you, who are interested in a global, hands-on experience in an intercultural setting with the goal of securing global employment opportunities within the company upon a successful completion of the internship.
Electromechanical Designer – Rothenburg, Germany
The Electromechanical Designer will join the Electrical Domain team, part of the Group Technology Taste - Food Preparation organization within Electrolux. The Designer will be responsible to research, organize and analyse technical data related to the electrical components catalogues within the Electromechanical Development Team, with the scope of identifying complexity reduction opportunities and support running development projects. Additionally the Designer will support the Electromechanical Development team with research and analysis of technical data for the update and improvement of the Components Supply Specifications, Test Manual and Design Guidelines documents, which represent the base knowhow used within the electromechanical components development in Electrolux.
You will become familiar with the different IT systems Electrolux uses to store and manage data for component portfolios, sourcing of components and production of appliances. To improve our various technical documentation, you will have the opportunity to study the Electrolux Food Preparation products, starting from the 3D models of components and appliances using Catia V5 and Teamcenter PLM engineering software. You will have first-hand experience on the complexities of working with global teams, both within the Electrical Domain and outside of it within Food Preparation, learning the importance of targeted, efficient and clear communication; developing or improving the skill to summarize and track activities for the various task you’ll be assigned. You will interface with a global and remote team of EM Specialists, then all global departments, vendors and customers within the scope of the position to achieved desired results on time and within cost and quality constraints.
A regular day at work:
As a member of the Global Electromechanical Organization (EMO), R&D Food Preparation team you will:
• Organize and follow-up the EM modules R&D design including:
• 2D drawing
• 3D model (parts and assembly)
• Creation and maintenance of standard EM drawing templates
• Global process (ECR/ECN/AA)
• Local process support (PPAP, PAP, etc.)
• Ensure effective communication with the EM Specialists team located globally (i.e. mainly: calls, emails, video meeting, f2f meeting)
• Ensure effective communication with global departments and suppliers located globally (i.e. mainly: calls, emails, video meeting)
• Establish and maintain a standard set of practices, processes and templates for managing R&D Design consistently and efficiently to reduce project related risk and costs
• Actively analyzing and proposing R&D design opportunities
• Share lessons learned and best practices across R&D designs, building relationships with stakeholders
• Drive and bring innovation, based on consumer insight
• Participate in concept development activities
• Reduce complexity
• Understands and apply modularity as a design guideline; determines the benefit of product design re-use from existing products and modifies existing designs as input to new products
Who you are:
Above all you have an intense drive, willingness to learn and a continuous improvement mindset!
• Agile - Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results within simultaneously running processes. A fast thinker with ability to pick up and treat new information rapidly.
• Analytical - With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data. A passion for analysing data and making business conclusions and recommendations.
• Growth - You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
• Team player – committed to deliver on your tasks and supporting the team.
• Collaborative - You ask, and you listen, you take ideas on board and drive for constant improvement.
• Communicative - Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and build a good relationship with your candidates.
• A problem-solver - You see a challenge as an opportunity, and you are not afraid of “rolling-up the sleeves” to get into the details of solving a problem
The position requires:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor or master’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic engineering
• 0-3 years working experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong knowledge of a 2D/3D design tool (CATIA V5 is preferred, Sheet Metal Design is considered a plus)
• Strong knowledge in electrical components, system development and design
• Ability to work in a matrix organization
• Communications skills to manage suppliers and interact with all company areas
• Good English written and oral
• Good computer literacy (MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
What you will get from the program
• Learning experience within 12 months
• Gross salary of 1671 euros monthly
• Vacation days and other company benefits
• Visa costs and process
• Reallocation support: local registration processes