Global Electrolux Talent Program - Jr Product Graphic Designer
Junior Product Graphic Designer – Internship
Global Electrolux Talent Program presents:
The Global Electrolux Talent Program is a proactive initiative that brings together young talent across various functions and global offices of Electrolux. This program is for you, who are interested in a global, hands-on experience in an intercultural setting with the goal of securing global employment opportunities within the company upon a successful completion of the internship.
Junior Product Graphic Designer – Stockholm, Sweden
A rare opportunity to join one a team of multinational designers who straddle the exciting topics of food culture, kitchen design and industrial production, we are now looking for a junior graphic designer to join us in the Fabric Care Design team, Major Appliances Europe. If you are passionate about cooking and creating intuitive, user centric design for a more sustainable way of living then this might be the place for you.
A regular day at work:
• As a member of the Food Preparation and Preservation Design team you will work with the creation and application of the graphics on our products. Grappling with the challenging task of balancing the nuances of brand identity with communicating the possibilities of our products to the user.
• Working within a wider design team you will develop graphic concepts to communicate functionality, features and brand. What is the best way to communicate, inspire, or highlight a new feature of a product to our users?
• Applying, maintaining, and guarding graphic consistency across our portfolio. We work with literally thousands of products across multiple brands, which in turn produced all over the world. A large part of the job is creating maintaining detailed graphic documentation for the consistent application of our graphics in production.
Who you are:
• This type of graphics work is not the same as doing album artwork or movie posters. For this role you need to be meticulous, precise, organized, and disciplined. Perhaps most importantly, you have to love a sense of order, of libraries and graphical hierarchies. Our symbols library is like a kit of LEGO bricks, every new piece added has to fit perfectly with everything that came before it.
• You also need to have knack for communication. Not just in your artworks (though this is of course essential) but also in how you deal with people. Working in an organization as large and complex as ours, there is little room for big egos but a large need for everyday communication, whether it’s with a fellow designer or a factory engineer on the other side of the continent.
• You have a relevant Design Degree and master Adobe Creative Suite is like your second language. You are curious, enthusiastic, and structured. You love the challenge of creating order out of chaos.
What you will learn:
As part of a multi-disciplinary design team within one of Sweden’s largest and most established design departments, you will get an unparalleled opportunity to see the ‘nuts and bolts’ behind the products that surround us every day. How we go from idea, to concept, to full scale industrial production and then onto brand, sales, market launch and ongoing customer care. You will learn about cooking techniques, sustainable living and truly being obsessed with consumer experience. You will learn about production, printing techniques and usability. In short, you will learn what it’s like to be a professional designer in a corporate world.
Education & experience:
The position requires:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Graphic Design or related discipline.
• A portfolio of relevant graphic design work
• Ability to manage multiple, changing priorities while working effectively in a team environment
• Great problem-solving skills
• Excellence in Abobe Creative Suite and MS Office
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
It is preferred:
• To be able to demonstrate through previous examples where said qualities of organizational skills and attention to detail sustained over repeated iterations can be shown.
What you will get from the program:
• Learning experience within 14 months
• Gross salary of 25,000 SEK
• Vacation days and other company benefits
• Cellphone and laptop
• Visa costs and process
• Reallocation support: local registration processes
Note: As the application evaluation process will only start after the closing date, you can expect to receive updates of your application status within 2 weeks from that.