Global Electrolux Talent Program - Materials Engineer
Materials Engineer – Internship
Global Electrolux Talent Program presents:
The Global Electrolux Talent Program is a proactive initiative that brings together young talent across various functions and global offices of Electrolux. This program is for you, who are interested in a global, hands-on experience in an intercultural setting with the goal of securing global employment opportunities within the company upon a successful completion of the internship.
Materials Engineer – Rothenburg, Germany
Materials Engineer will work on plastic materials in Consumer Experience Laboratory within R&D Food Preparation organization. You will be responsible for supporting development of component to fulfill project development deliverable. This is related with test performing for development purpose, collecting information based on data and support project team with feedback about areas for improvement and potential alternative solutions. You will influence design base on collected results base on sampling strategy, knowledge from mapping of product, planned experiments, and cooperate with material suppliers in range of researching new solutions, new technologies, transferring Electrolux expectation and specific needs.
You will be preparing test plan to validate components and executing tests according to formal regulations, safety requirements and internal standards to confirm accordance of material / component and confirm design robustness. You also will work on new testing methods development and existing methods improvement for continuous improvement of laboratory processes, be cooperating with different R&D departments (Laboratories, Platforms, Product Care, Technologies) in international environment in range of defined projects, be cooperating with Manufacturing on specific problems with plastic materials, supporting in range of finding solutions, alternative materials, taking role of project leader sharing tasks in team composed from Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, R&D departments.
All activities in range of plastics will adopt according to sustainability strategy of company and specific sustainability road map for plastic materials development and plastic materials changes in products.
A regular day at work:
As a member of the Global R&D Food Preparation team you will:
• Ensure test planning and execution in relevant area
• Deep knowledge about Materials, preferred on Plastics, and their production process to define right material for requested need and assessment needed to validate it
• Define and review the relevant specifications related to their specific area of responsibility in terms of:
o Accordance to internal/external standards, including the preparation of relevant documentation
o Environmental impact
o Components/product reliability/Lifetime
o Component performance
o Materials (e.g. surface cleanability, …)
• Provide support in terms of:
o Test plans and test planning (DOE)
o Solution definition process
o Technical details
o Supplier support on application related issues
• Ensure alignment on test methodologies with other Labs in R&D Food Preparation
• Participate in technical committees for standards related to their area of responsibility
• Drive concept developments on new solutions
• Provide improvement proposals to platforms and Product Care
• Support the organization in standardization
• Support Platforms / Product Care during Technological Process Approval
Who you are:
Above all you have an intense drive, willingness to learn and a continuous improvement mindset!
• Agile - Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results within simultaneously running processes. A fast thinker with ability to pick up and treat new information rapidly.
• Analytical - With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data. A passion for analysing data and making business conclusions and recommendations.
• Growth - You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
• Team player – committed to deliver on your tasks and supporting the team.
• Collaborative - You ask, and you listen, you take ideas on board and drive for constant improvement.
• Communicative - Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and build a good relationship with your candidates.
• A problem-solver - You see a challenge as an opportunity, and you are not afraid of “rolling-up the sleeves” to get into the details of solving a problem
The position requires:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or materials engineering or equivalent education background
• Basic understanding of engineering, manufacturing, and assembly principle
• Awareness of ISO 9001 Quality Management
• Awareness of ISO 14001 Environmental Management
•Basic knowledge of safety (electrical, gas)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Sustainability and recycled material knowledge are preferred
• Fluent in English
• Ability to work in a cross-functional matrix organization
• Ability to work in a project team and to contribute to project targets
• Respect of cultural diversity
• Deep application knowledge
• Testing methodologies (DOE, statistical methodologies, CFD, Weibull analysis…)
• Continuous Improvement Mindset
What you will get from the program
• Learning experience within 12 months
• Gross salary of 1671 euros monthly
• Vacation days and other company benefits
• Visa costs and process
• Reallocation support: local registration processes