Global Electrolux Talent Program - Patent Engineer
Patent Engineer – Internship
Global Electrolux Talent Program presents:
The Global Electrolux Talent Program is a proactive initiative that brings together young talent across various functions and global offices of Electrolux. This program is for you, who are interested in a global, hands-on experience in an intercultural setting with the goal of securing global employment opportunities within the company upon a successful completion of the internship.
Patent Engineer – Forlì
Reporting to the Development Expert of Steam Technology Domain, the patent engineer will join a team of talented engineers dedicated to the development of technology modules hosted by global product platforms. This role is an excellent opportunity that will allow increasing awareness of a complex global industry, as well as significant learning in the Intellectual Property management.
A regular day at work:
As a member of the Consumer Experience Taste Organisation – Food Preparation Steam Domain, you will take care of:
• Perform weekly inspections of competitor patents: read and understand competitor and proprietary patents, classify them in the internal patent database
• Identify and estimate the potential value of the new ideas that arise in the team, and translate them in written form, clarifying differentiators and advantages compared to existing solutions
• Examine patents found in Prior Art Searches for new projects or new inventions
• Maintenance of competitor and proprietary patent database, identifying potential risks in the early phase of the projects
• Run meetings with inventors in order to translate an idea in a valuable asset
• Performing researches in order to deepen the knowledge on an invention field, to understand the real business value of an invention
Who you are:
Above all you have an intense drive, willingness to learn and a continuous improvement mindset!
• Analytical. You have a strong passion for details, you like to dig deeper into the topic to have an exhaustive understanding. You have the ability and drive to read and understand complex matters.
You like the nuances in words meaning, you are able to describe by words complex concepts and write them in an understandable and precise manner.
• Communicative. You are able to summarize complex matters. You can explain difficult topics in a easy and understandable way also to the non-skilled person
• Growth. You are a curious individual; you love to explore new ideas and technologies. You are willing to drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
• Collaborative - You ask, and you listen, you take ideas on board and drive for constant improvement.
• Team player – committed to deliver on your tasks and supporting the team.
Education & experience:
The position requires:
• University degree (5 years) in engineering, or science-based disciplines (physics, math), or legal
• Creative mindset
• Ability to manage multiple, changing priorities while working effectively in a team environment
• Good problem-solving skills
• Good knowledge in MS-Office suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken, German is a plus
What you will learn:
• How to read and understand patents
• How to translate an idea in a valuable asset for the company
• How to transform an idea into an invention
• How to describe a concept in a logic and patent-ready way
• Methodical and structured approach to intellectual property management
• Overview of competitive landscape on innovation field
• How to translate a complex concept in an understandable way for the non-skilled person
• How to work in a global and multicultural team both physically and virtually
What you will get from the program:
• Learning experience within 12 months
• Vacation days and other company benefits
• Net salary of 1.280 euros
• Reallocation support: local registration processes