Global Electrolux Talent Program - Simulation Lab Engineer
Simulation Lab Engineer – Internship
Global Electrolux Talent Program presents:
The Global Electrolux Talent Program is a proactive initiative that brings together young talent across various functions and global offices of Electrolux. This program is for you, who are interested in a global, hands-on experience in an intercultural setting with the goal of securing global employment opportunities within the company upon a successful completion of the internship.
Simulation Lab Engineer – Rothenburg, Germany
The Simulation Laboratory Engineer will join the Consumer Experience Laboratory team for Electrolux Food Preparation. Laboratory team is responsible for testing components and products all along the product development process, from concept to the final certification, being active part of the R&D community. You will build and use models for CFD simulation, and these models will be then applied in the product development process across the R&D organization.
Reporting to the Lab Leader/Lab Manager, the Simulation Lab Engineer will ensure also testing of key functionality and safety in compliance with technical standards (internal/external) and provide improvement proposals, manage and carry out technical activities based on numerical simulation (CFD) to investigate, design and optimize complex products with respect to the relevant thermo-flow performances.
A regular day at work:
As a member of the R&D Food Preparation team you will:
• Prepare check plans (components, concepts, projects)
• Define relevant specifications and ensure testing on:
• Creation, validation, use and deployment of CFD models to improve and speed-up product design development
• Sustain the integration, step by step, of team competences with a multi-physics approach
• Thermal and electrical safety according to internal/external standards, including preparation of relevant documentation
• Be reference person towards GTC Organization to manage all the simulation activities within R&D
• Support Platforms, Product Care and Technologies in relevant testing
• Ensure compliance with work environment and safety regulations
• Provide improvement proposals to platforms
• Ensure alignment on test methodologies with other Labs in PD Cooking
• Proper maintenance of test equipment according to ISO9000
Additional responsibilities outside of standard job responsibilities:
• Support for Projects and Project Leaders
• Precision in project targets achievement (time, quality, cost)
Who you are:
Above all you have an intense drive, willingness to learn and a continuous improvement mindset!
• Agile - Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results within simultaneously running processes. A fast thinker with ability to pick up and treat new information rapidly.
• Analytical - With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data. A passion for analysing data and making business conclusions and recommendations.
• Growth - You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
• Team player – committed to deliver on your tasks and supporting the team.
• Collaborative - You ask, and you listen, you take ideas on board and drive for constant improvement.
• Communicative - Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and build a good relationship with your candidates.
• A problem-solver - You see a challenge as an opportunity, and you are not afraid of “rolling-up the sleeves” to get into the details of solving a problem
The position requires:
•Degree in Mechanical engineering preferably has experience in testing/laboratory.
•Deep product knowledge
•Testing and evaluation
•Testing methodologies (DoE, statistical methodologies, CFD, Weibull analysis…)
•Intermediate knowledge of computer programming (Java or Python are preferred)
What you will get from the program
• Learning experience within 12 months
• Gross salary of 1671 euros monthly
• Vacation days and other company benefits
• Visa costs and process
• Reallocation support: local registration processes