Global Electrolux Talent Program - Sound Lab Engineer
Sound Lab Engineer – Internship
Global Electrolux Talent Program presents:
The Global Electrolux Talent Program is a proactive initiative that brings together young talent across various functions and global offices of Electrolux. This program is for you, who are interested in a global, hands-on experience in an intercultural setting with the goal of securing global employment opportunities within the company upon a successful completion of the internship.
Sound Lab Engineer – Rothenburg, Germany
The Sound Lab Engineer will join group of Sound Specialists within Consumer Experience Laboratory in R&D Food Preparation organization and will be part of activities on 3 main areas:
1. Product development testing, that is oriented to influence design from perspective of sound effect. Sound Engineer will be making set up of equipment, taking measurements, collecting results to make interpretation, allowing finally to indicate technical solution to improve design. On that stage there are applied different methods of testing to investigate sources of noise and as well different tools of analysis like Six Sigma.
2. Product demonstration testing, that allows to confirm robustness of design in terms of sound perception. On that stage Engineer will prepare products and station for testing according to Electrolux standard to evaluate defined Sound Characteristics of sound power and sound quality.
3. Specification development, that includes activities allowing to improve method of working and challenge future product design. Engineer will be part of team defining steps needed, collecting result, taking measurements out of existing standard, preparing and executing panel tests.
Sound Lab Engineer will work in international environment in Europe, getting knowledge about tools, SW used in Electrolux, comparing different approaches from other product lines inside and out of Food Preparation. Will cooperate with other parties within R&D (Laboratories, Platforms, Product Care), Technologies in range of interaction of sound analysis to other appliance parameters.
A regular day at work:
As a member of the Global R&D Food Preparation team you will:
• Develop test methods and procedures to improve noise quality and speed up testing
• Develop and maintain technology radar and technology roadmap
• Drive development of Noise Specifications and design guideline
• Drive Electrolux Food Preparation appliances acoustic experience strategy
• Support cross functional cooperation, innovative approaches and continuous improvement
• Ensure continuous improvement in testing methodologies, practices and processes
• Provide improvement proposals to platforms
• Follow up and evaluate technical trends
• Manage team and resources to deliver fast, accurate, reliable and affordable technical solutions and assure the execution of activities in accordance with timing, target, quality of results and specifications.
• Manage internal customer relationship, ensure alignment with customer’s institute
• Manage department project portfolio and budget.
• Prepare investment requests for laboratory equipment and manage service contracts
• Drive alignment on test methodologies across the different organizations
• Define relevant specifications and ensure testing on Cooking performance and assure alignment on test methodologies across the different sites
• Ensure proper maintenance of testing equipment according to ISO9000
• Ensure the planning and follow up of all project-linked test activities
• Support Platforms, Product Care and Technologies in relevant testing
Who you are:
Above all you have an intense drive, willingness to learn and a continuous improvement mindset!
• Agile - Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results within simultaneously running processes. A fast thinker with ability to pick up and treat new information rapidly.
• Analytical - With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data. A passion for analysing data and making business conclusions and recommendations.
• Growth - You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
• Team player – committed to deliver on your tasks and supporting the team.
• Collaborative - You ask, and you listen, you take ideas on board and drive for constant improvement.
• Communicative - Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and build a good relationship with your candidates.
• A problem-solver - You see a challenge as an opportunity, and you are not afraid of “rolling-up the sleeves” to get into the details of solving a problem
The position requires:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Mechanical engineering and solid technical background in acoustics & vibration
• Demonstrated experience in managing a team of technical experts in a R&D environment
• Soft skills in collaboration, leadership and team building
• Hands-on with project and project portfolio management
• Fluent English
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Have a natural attitude to lead people and love to work in and with teams.
• Have a true passion for acoustics & technology innovation.
• Have a strong drive for results.
• A great communicator, who likes to influence decision
• A dynamic and open-minded, self-starter, self-motivator and highly adaptable
What you will get from the program:
• Learning experience within 12 months
• Gross salary of 1671 euros monthly
• Vacation days and other company benefits
• Visa costs and process
• Reallocation support: local registration processes