Global Electrolux Talent Program - Sustainability Engineer
Sustainability Engineer – Internship
Global Electrolux Talent Program presents:
The Global Electrolux Talent Program is a proactive initiative that brings together young talent across various functions and global offices of Electrolux. This program is for you, who are interested in a global, hands-on experience in an intercultural setting with the goal of securing global employment opportunities within the company upon a successful completion of the internship.
Sustainability Engineer – Forli, Italy
As part of the Compliance Engineering Team in Europe, within Consumer Experience Laboratories Organization (CXL), the Sustainability Engineer will report to Compliance Engineering Leader, within the Consumer Experience Lab in Taste Organization. You will support projects aimed at developing and promoting of material efficiency analysis, measurement system and target definition on top of use of resources in Electrolux products globally by means of life cycle analysis (LCA).
This function is asked to assess the environmental implications of the new solutions, always considering the consumer perspective and the contribution to Group sustainability targets, with studies performed on the basis of internationally recognized life cycle analysis (LCA) methodology and life cycle inventory databases.
As an integral member of the CXL, you will provide technical expertise in environmental sciences, processes and technologies in an international, multi-competence environment with close link to product and tangible results.
A regular day at work:
• Assess the environmental impacts of materials, technologies, processes, products, consumer-relevant appliance use patterns and business models based on life-cycle approach by means of recognized LCA tools (SimaPro) and international databases (Ecoinvent, PlasticEurope, WorldSteel, etc.).
• Collect and analyze life cycle inventory data from both literature and Company information (e.g. databases, primary and secondary data, surveys).
• Develop Reparability, Durability, recyclability matrix and assessment methods for Product range
• Align them with International standards under development
• Perform environmental risk assessment.
• Prepare presentations and technical reports.
• Provide regular status communication to cross functional and executive teams
• Define process to implement the new measurement methods in a standard development flow and how to track them.
• Guide initiatives to improve and measure Product construction and Product use sustainability development
Who you are:
Above all you have an intense drive, willingness to learn and a continuous improvement mindset!
• Agile - Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results within simultaneously running processes. A fast thinker with ability to pick up and treat new information rapidly.
• Analytical - With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data. A passion for analysing data and making business conclusions and recommendations.
• Growth - You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
• Team player – committed to deliver on your tasks and supporting the team.
• Collaborative - You ask, and you listen, you take ideas on board and drive for constant improvement.
• Communicative - Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and build a good relationship with your candidates.
• A problem-solver - You see a challenge as an opportunity, and you are not afraid of “rolling-up the sleeves” to get into the details of solving a problem
The position requires:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Environmental, Electrotechnical, Industrial, Materials, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, Industrial Ecology, or similar field of study.
• Proficient with SimaPro tool, impact assessment methods (e.g. ReCiPe, EPD, etc.), life cycle inventory analysis and databases (e.g. Ecoinvent, Agri-footprint database).
• Fluent in English, written and spoken.
• 1-3 years track record/hands-on experience in at least one of the following fields: LCA analysis and application; environmental risk assessment of products and materials. A good network of contacts in these areas is valuable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Solid knowledge of data analysis and statistics; hands-on experience with databases management systems, PLM tools, data analytics and visualization tools (e.g. QlikSense, Power BI) is appreciated.
• Good knowledge of environmental management processes.
• Understanding of materials processes and technologies.
• Understanding of product development processes and appliance industry.
• Familiar with international environmental standards & norms (e.g. ISO 14040, ISO 14044, ISO 14046, ISO 14067).
• Some project management skills.
• Analytical, critical and logical skills are key elements for this position
• Team-work oriented, able and willing to work in an international matrix organization.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Structured and self-organized way of working.
• Shows an attitude to take initiative, with positive and pro-active mindset.
• Self-motivated, with strong intellectual curiosity, creativity and problem-solving skills.
• Oriented towards innovation and supporting new technical solutions.
• Quickly adapts to new emerging needs and opportunities.
• Position will require some international travel
What you will get from the program
• Learning experience within 12 months
• Gross salary of 1671 euros monthly
• Vacation days and other company benefits
• Visa costs and process
• Reallocation support: local registration processes