Global Electronic & Connectivity Director
Pordenone, Location free
STUBBORN ON VISION, FLEXIBLE ON JOURNEY.
The overall scope of the Global Electronics & Connectivity Director role is to drive, across R&D Categories, the definition, implementation and execution of the Global Electronics & Connectivity Strategy of Electrolux Professional in alignment with the
Global Electronics & Connectivity Director will report to Electrolux Professional VP Global R&D.
As the Global Electronics & Connectivity Director, you will shape the development of the Technology Roadmap for Electronics & Connectivity together with the relevant Process Partners.
You will support the consolidation of a strong community of electronic engineers across multiple competencies in different teams: HW design, FW/SW development, Model-Based Design, Control System Engineering and Connectivity.
You will strengthen the existing network both internally to the team and cross-functionally, in particular fostering the seamless integration of electronic controls development within the product design flow.
You will define initiatives (for instance a global program for development of new UI across Categories or definition of advanced appliance data models to enable Cloud AI services ) to be implemented at a global level across Electrolux Professional sector in close collaborations with relevant global stakeholders such as Business Unit, Product Category heads, Purchasing and Design.
You will do this also by motivating and developing people in a global environment within the EPR R&D community, facilitating an open and innovative mindset working across Categories always endorsing a Customer focused attitude.
Your team will support the Product Development Process Partners from the conceptual phase through prototyping and series production. The team will also be accountable for providing maintenance of the electronic control system throughout the overall lifecycle, for example in case of upgrades, obsolescence, quality improvements, etc.
The Competence Domains to be covered by the Global Electronics & Connectivity team are:
• Control System Engineering
• FW and SW development
• HW development
• Connected Systems architecture and infrastructure
• Simulations and Modelling methods (Model-Based Design)
• Interoperability, Communication protocols and appliance Data Models
• HMI and UI technology
• Control Algorithms
• Electronics Development tools
• Electronics Development process
The Team’s domain of influence should also extend to the definition (in collaboration with Product Development, Global Lab and Advanced Development and Technology teams) of state-of-the-art testing and integration methods and tools in order to ensure faster time to market and better quality.
Competencies and technical skills:
• Electronics degree or equivalent with several years of experience
• Proven track record of successful Project management experience
• Ability to quickly understand the functions and capabilities of new emerging technologies (HMI, Connectivity, Artificial Intelligence, etc..).
• Good knowledge and proven experience of Appliance Electronics Technology in a global setting will be considered a plus. In particular:
- Designing and integrating complex electronic control systems
- Providing guidance in the definition of system architectures
- Providing overall design direction and recommendations when faced with complex technical issues.
- Planning and developing support processes and adhering to best practices.
• Strong experience in multinational and multicultural complex organizations.
• Strong leadership skills in setting clear individual and team objectives and direction, clarifying priorities, engaging and inspiring individuals.
• Tenacity and focus in continuously striving to reach goals driving the business forward.
• Strong networking and communications skills in order to build and maintain useful networks both inside and outside the organization and to promote cross-collaboration and diversity.
• A flexible and innovative approach in order to find new and original ideas, approaches and solutions for the business both on a short and long term.
• Identify and develop talent in individuals encouraging their development and growth.
• Fluent English knowledge is a mandatory requirement