Global Engineer Program - Air Treatment Engineer
< Air Treatment Engineer > (Internship)
Porcia, Italy – 1 position
THE GLOBAL ENGINEER PROGRAM EXPERIENCE
The Electrolux Global Engineer Program (GEP) is a proactive initiative that brings together young engineering talent across various functions and global offices of Electrolux. This program is for you, who are interested in a global, hands-on experience in an intercultural setting with the goal of securing global employment opportunities within the company upon a successful completion of the internship.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be a member of the Global Connectivity and Technology organization, working in a dynamic environment, surrounded by colleagues with a background ranging from chemistry, life science and engineering. You will be part of the Advanced Materials team and involved in the exploration and validation of innovative air treatment technologies to be applied to our products, such as air purifiers, refrigerators and hoods. You will work in close cooperation with other company’s functions (R&D, Purchasing, Product Marketing) located worldwide through web and face-to-face meetings.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
To contribute to the team goals, you will:
- Implement the best performing technologies for air treatment in appliances.
- You will evaluate the performance of different air filtration media and technologies
o mechanical filters, e.g. grease filters for hoods
o odour filters, e.g. activated carbon filters
o active filtration technologies, e.g. photo catalysis
- You will use analytical techniques and instruments, e.g. Infrared Spectrometer, Gas Chromatograph, Photo Ionization Detector.
- You will plan the experiments and eventually develop new testing methods reflecting real use scenarios.
- You will analyze data and present results.
WHO YOU ARE
• Passionate: about innovation and curiosity for technologies.
• Likes to perform laboratory tests and proactively suggest new methods.
• Relationship builder. You are able to work in an international matrix organization, building strong collaboration with the people and functions you work with
• Team-oriented. Loves to work in team, is analytical and self-organized, with a critical approach to solutions.
• Digital and international. You are curious and have a technology-oriented and global mindset in the way you work
• Good communicator: You have facilitation and presentation skills. You know how to work with different stakeholders and share clear ideas.
YOUR EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
You are a graduating student or recent graduate of Chemical engineering or Chemistry.
You are fluent in English and have an intermediate level of Italian
You have experience or exhibit skills on the following:
• Auto-CAD (CATIA preferred)
• Experience with laboratory tools and filtration media
• Internet user skills
• PC User skills
• Presentation skills
• Project Management skills
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM THE PROGRAM
• Learning experience within 12 months
• Net salary of 1.280 euros
• Vacation days and other company benefits
• Visa costs and process
• Reallocation support: local registration processes
• Settle-in support through a digital assistant for:
o Bank account
o Insights about your destination from colleagues
• Participation in two Global Engineer Program Summits (3 days) in selected Electrolux sites
• Support in permanent hiring opportunities within Electrolux Group towards the end of the program