Global Engineer Program - Electronics Development Engineer
< Electronics System Engineer > (Internship)
Rothenburg, Germany – 1 position
THE GLOBAL ENGINEER PROGRAM EXPERIENCE
The Electrolux Global Engineer Program (GEP) is a proactive initiative that brings together young engineering talent across various functions and global offices of Electrolux. This program is for you, who are interested in a global, hands-on experience in an intercultural setting with the goal of securing global employment opportunities within the company upon a successful completion of the internship.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Electronics System Engineer will start the initial translation of customer needs into product specifications and technical requirements. They will work closely with the Product teams and the Electrolux Group Design team prior to formal assignment of a project team to scope new projects and provide technical guidance regarding new technologies being considered, feature implementations, risks, cost estimation, general timing and resources. The System Engineer will continue to support the project by clearly documenting technical specifications for design and testing to ensure best design practices and strategic goals are met.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
To contribute to the team goals, you will:
• Be responsible for initial translation of customer needs (internal or external) as communicated by process partners into product technical specifications and design objectives.
• Create specifications relative to assigned project utilizing inputs from Product Line, Marketing, Design, Usability, Quality, etc. Translates input to technical specifications used by design engineers to achieve results.
• Works as part of a global team with systems engineers in other regions to identify features, functions and modules that are candidates to be used in all regions. Creates, releases, and maintains specifications based on these global requirements that will drive a common implementation across all regions.
• Scope new projects, including cost, capital, resources, general timing, and technical risk.
• Provides technical guidance relative to features and new technologies prior to finalizing project charter and team assignment.
• Release system technical specifications and aligns it with product architecture, module area leaders and technology teams.
• Work with electromechanical and controls engineers to define required interfaces with controls and incorporates into product specifications.
• Develop initial test plan to help define technical path and testing time.
• Defines which global and regional specifications and design guidelines should be applied to the product as part of the initial test plan development including local, regional, or country product requirements as well as safety agency standards.
• Identifies gaps within the test plan based on project scope, and develops new specifications to close those identified gaps.
• Participates in Technical Design Previews to provide guidance on direction and test plan validation.
• Assists design teams with DFMEA development as systems subject matter expert.
• Interface with Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Service, and Outside Suppliers to provide or obtain necessary information and design input.
• Provide timely communication as to project status and deliverable.
• Perform functions as outlined by Engineering Management; lead or participate in special function teams and support production as required.
WHO YOU ARE
• Proactive. You drive things forward and are a “hands-on” individual.
• You are a result-oriented person with a positive "can do" attitude and with a sense of urgency who is dedicated to get things done with minimal support and direction.
• Relationship builder. You are able to work in an international matrix organization, building strong collaboration with the people and functions you work with
• Team-oriented. You know that success requires valuing teamship
• Digital and international. You are curious and have a technology-oriented and global mindset in the way you work
• Good Communicator: clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
• Strong aptitude for attention to details
• Excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Ability to adapt to a very fast paced, loosely structured organization.
YOUR EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
• You are a graduating student or recent graduate of Electrical or Electronic Engineering, computer science, quality engineering, software engineer, SW-Engineer (C bare-metal preferred), HW-Engineer (Development and/or Testing), or System Test Engineer
• Basic understanding of engineering, manufacturing and assembly principles is required
• Appliance product design related experience preferred.
• English competency both written and spoken. Intermediate German level is a plus.
You have experience or exhibit skills on the following:
• Ability to interpret schematics and basic understanding of software design
• Knowledge and experience of testing Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) preferred
• Experience with agency and normative requirements preferred
• Experience in embedded product development *preferred
• Strong Continuous Improvement mindset; Six Sigma and Kaizen knowledge preferred
• Measurement skills for electronic embedded systems
• Reactive frameworks(Vue.js)/CSS/HTML for user interfaces (Electron) *preferred
• Understanding of socket programming and WebSockets *preferred
• Interfacing data acquisition hardware *preferred
• Writing cross-platform dynamic modules (.dll/.so/.dylib) *preferred
• C# (Marshalling C interfaces for C# applications) *preferred
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM THE PROGRAM
• Learning experience within 12 months
• Gross salary of 1.533 euros
• Vacation days and other company benefits
• Visa costs and process
• Reallocation support: local registration processes
• Settle-in support through a digital assistant for:
o Bank account
o Insights about your destination from colleagues
• Participation in two Global Engineer Program Summits (3 days) in selected Electrolux sites
• Support in permanent hiring opportunities within Electrolux Group towards the end of the program