Global Engineer Program - Innovation Factory Community Coordinator
<Innovation Factory Community Coordinator> (Internship)
Porcia, Italy – 1 position
THE GLOBAL ENGINEER PROGRAM EXPERIENCE
The Electrolux Global Engineer Program (GEP) is a proactive initiative that brings together young engineering talent across various functions and global offices of Electrolux. This program is for you, who are interested in a global, hands-on experience in an intercultural setting with the goal of securing global employment opportunities within the company upon a successful completion of the internship.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Innovation Factory is the Group’s first Open Innovation Hub. It serves as a hub for our employees as well as for external partners to accelerate innovation within products and manufacturing. This new collaborative space inspires new ways to conceive, generate and validate new innovative solutions. Open Innovation is an open approach to run innovation that leverages external capabilities creating synergies between internal and external networks. Open Innovation team is a global unit spread across Italy (Porcia), Sweden (Stockhholm) and US (Charlotte).
You would support, promote and communicate initiatives across the Innovation factory Community and support Electrolux Group departments in creating and managing their own open innovation initiatives according to Innovation Factory founding pillars:
INSPIRATION – strong interaction between internal employees and external people to stimulate creativity and experiment new ideas and opportunities.
COLLABORATION: - open alliances between suppliers, customers, incubators, startups, universities, SMEs, and other business partners to accelerate innovative opportunities together.
VALIDATION - exploration, development, validation and promotion of internal and external solutions and technologies, both emerging and disruptive.
LEARNING – educational initiatives to inspire, share and create competences, improve knowledge, harness older experience, mine younger minds, and foster expertise together.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
To contribute to the team goals, you will:
Facilitate and support initiatives, projects and people within the Innovation Factory and aligned with its ambition, being the primary interface with the external players and Electrolux Group departments, namely the Innovation Factory Community, in particular:
• Support – as part of the Open Innovation team – the set-up, launch (i.e. call4innovation) and deployment of the annual acceleration program.
• Engage and support internal departments in defining and executing activities related to the Innovation Factory and open innovation
• Engage, grow and stimulate the external community, both at local and global level
• Manage the Innovation Factory activities plan, i.e. definition, scheduling and support execution of events in the Innovation Factory. Coordinate all process partners in this work.
• Execute the Innovation Factory Communication plan in cooperation with internal communication teams. Communicate constantly through appropriate channels and Social Media, with tailored messages, the Innovation Factory journey, aligning with the Group Communication.
• Manage Innovation Factory facility, including taking care of logistics and organizational activities related to the initiatives hosted in the Innovation Factory.
WHO YOU ARE
• Proactive. You drive things forward and take initiative in order to achieve a common goal. You have strong motivation and energy.
• Relationship builder. You are able to work in an international matrix organization, building strong collaboration with the people and functions you work with
• Team-oriented. You know that success requires valuing teamship
• Digital and international. You are curious and have a technology-oriented and global mindset in the way you work
• Strong Communicator: both oral and written, both in Italian and English, being able to inreact effectively both with Milennials and Senior Executives and to define communication messages accordingly.
• You have techno-business mindset, entrepreneurial mindset and lateral thinking.
• You have ability to manage multiple projects and people simultaneously
• You have a lean and agile approach
YOUR EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
You are a graduating student or recent graduate of: management engineering, marketing & management (you have experience in communication/engineering with business acumen)
You have full proficiency in English and Italian (both written and spoken)
You have experience or exhibit skills on the following:
• Project management and problem solving.
• Technology and innovation management, preferably in consulting environments, accelerators or corporate ventures.
• Acknowledgement of Open Innovation business model, lean and agile processes and tools (direct experience is a “plus”) as well as Innovation Hubs.
• Technology acknowledgment and technology passionate
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM THE PROGRAM
• Learning experience within 12 months
• Net salary of 1.280 euros
• Vacation days and other company benefits
• Visa costs and process
• Reallocation support: local registration processes
• Settle-in support through a digital assistant for:
o Bank account
o Insights about your destination from colleagues
• Participation in two Global Engineer Program Summits (3 days) in selected Electrolux sites
• Support in permanent hiring opportunities within Electrolux Group towards the end of the program