Global Engineer Program - Junior Release Engineer
Junior Release Engineer (Internship)
Stockholm, Sweden, 1 position
THE GLOBAL ENGINEER PROGRAM EXPERIENCE
The Electrolux Global Engineer Program (GEP) is a proactive initiative that brings together young engineering talent across various functions and global offices of Electrolux. This program is for you, who are interested in a global, hands-on experience in an intercultural setting with the goal of securing global employment opportunities within the company upon a successful completion of the internship.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Junior Release Engineer will be part of the solutions delivery team within the Consumer & Customer solutions organization in Business Area Europe. The solutions delivery team is responsible for developing and delivering end-end software solutions for B2B and B2C initiatives across all consumer and customer channels. Our CRM landscape comprises of several applications involving multiple technology stacks and platforms that enable our users, consumers and customers to get 360 sales and service experience.
You will be part of a fully empowered, autonomous and cross-functional team that create software deliveries as business solutions to our end consumers, customers and users. You will work with multiple development teams that deliver product increments using agile methodologies in sprints. You will be an integral part of the team where you will work closely with IT project managers, scrum masters, business analysts, product owners and subject matter experts on a daily basis to manage, govern and successfully execute software product releases. If you enjoy working in teams in a challenging yet in fun environment then this is a great place for you to be.
As a Junior Release Engineer, you will be responsible for managing software product releases of some of our applications (Cloud, SaaS, Open-Source and On-Premise). You will also play a key role in guiding our product teams in how we should release IT solutions and drive the documentation and release packaging efforts. You will work with both internal colleagues and partners to make a successful release. If you enjoy working with and getting your hands on software products including AI/ML platforms that serve millions of consumers everyday then I bet you want to join us.
You will be based in our Stockholm office; however you will work with colleagues remotely that are based in other parts of Europe, with offshore development teams in India and North America. Occasional travel within Europe is anticipated.
Our team is multi-cultural where individual differences are appreciated and respected. We strongly believe that we can drive innovation with diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, and ethnicity, whatever differences you name it.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
To contribute to the team goals, you will:
• Create and own release schedules through collaboration with product teams
• Execute successful release of our software solutions to our Live Environments by coordinating with our various development teams
• Effectively communicate release content to your stakeholders by gathering business requirements and user stories that were or will be deployed by the different development teams in your release window
• Ensure all due-diligence is passed such as approvals, gathering of test results and resource availability as a preparation for a successful release
• For large project and rollout releases you will create detailed task level plan covering multiple development teams, master data, integrations and security to successfully enable a market/ country on the new platforms
• You will create, manage and execute technical cutover activities as per your release schedules
YOUR EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
• You are a graduating student or recent graduate of computer engineering, Software development and programming or Telecommunication engineering
• You are fluent in English, spoken and written
Essential Skills to succeed in this role:
• Strong networking and project management skills
• Strong presentation, team coordination and task level planning skills
• Good understanding and experience of software development cycles, configuration management tools, and continuous integration and continuous deployment principles
• Has delivery and results focused mindset
• Experience in writing good technical documentation
• Ability to manage and react quickly in pressured environment and situations
• Process orientation with good time management and scheduling skills
• Ability to managing multiple streams of activity, shifting focus regularly
• Preferably have a background as developer
• Preferably have experience with SAP Consumer Experience products such as SAP Sales or Service Cloud
• Database design & development tools
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM THE PROGRAM
• Learning experience within 14 months
• Gross salary of 19.700 SEK
• Vacation days and other company benefits
• Cellphone and laptop
• Visa costs and process
• Reallocation support: local registration processes
• Settle-in support through a digital assistant for:
o Bank account
o Insights about your destination from colleagues
• Participation in two Global Engineer Program Summits (3 days) in selected Electrolux sites
• Support in permanent hiring opportunities within Electrolux Group towards the end of the program