Global Engineer Program - Mechanical Designer
Bring your ideas to life in homes around the world.
THE GLOBAL ENGINEER PROGRAM EXPERIENCE
The Electrolux Global Engineer Program (GEP) is a proactive initiative that brings together young engineering talent across various functions and global offices of Electrolux. This program is for you, who are interested in a global, hands-on experience in an intercultural setting with the goal of securing global employment opportunities within the company upon a successful completion of the internship.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be part of an international development team and a product development project of a built-in oven platform. You will drive the development of a system or module supporting the product development team.
You will be assigned in our R&D center in Germany and travel to other facilities in Europe may occur.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
· Benchmark, analyze and understand competitor products and systems
· Brainstorm as part of creative teams to issue technical solutions for given problems
· Develop technical solutions of components and systems and define its specifications
· Perform 3D models, assemblies and drawings using a CAD software)
· Define, perform and evaluate CFD and FEM simulation analyses for design validation and optimization
· Use of development tools and methods like FMEA, tolerance analyses, reverse engineering, etc.
· Organize the build of prototypes to support concept series and testing
· Participate in the evaluation of test results, identify root causes and develop technical solutions
· Understand manufacturing requirements (design for manufacturing, design for assembly, design for automation) and legal requirements for the products
YOUR EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
· You are a graduating student or recent graduate of Mechanical Engineering or similar fields
· Project management, presentation skills
· Good understanding of development tools/methods like CAD and CAE
WHO YOU ARE
· Proactive. You drive things forward and take initiative in order to achieve a common goal
· Relationship builder. You are able to work in an international matrix organization, building strong collaboration with the people and functions you work with
· Team-oriented. You know that success requires valuing teamship
· Digital and international. You are curious and have a technology-oriented and global mindset in the way you work