Global Engineer Program - Patent Engineer
THE GLOBAL ENGINEER PROGRAM EXPERIENCE
The Electrolux Global Engineer Program (GEP) is a proactive initiative that brings together young engineering talent across various functions and global offices of Electrolux. This program is for you, who are interested in a global, hands-on experience in an intercultural setting with the goal of securing global employment opportunities within the company upon a successful completion of the internship.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Group Patent we make sure great ideas come to life by ensuring the safety of our Intellectual property, through collaborative efforts and in-depth technology and legal knowledge. Being the guardians of our engineers’ creations, we deliver next generation of innovation and competitiveness through business cases and legal frameworks.
As a Patent Engineer you will be part of the team which is based in the Head Office in Stockholm, consisting of 5 Patent Attorneys, 4 Paralegals and 1 Patent Information Specialist. You will have the opportunity to work in the forefront with various technologies in an international environment.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
To contribute to this goal, you will:
· Perform novelty searches, make patentability investigations, draft patent applications, having contact with drafting agents and inventors
· Ensure all Invention disclosures are handled
· Prosecute patent applications which includes reviewing search reports, identifying novelty and inventive step, and gathering data from inventors
· Participate in the product development process by performing freedom to operate investigations.
· Review our patent portfolios together with clients to make sure our portfolios are aligned with the strategy.
· Contribute to various improvement projects
YOUR EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
· You are a graduating student or recent graduate of Computer Sciences / Engineering or a similar field
· Presentation skills, project management, Visual Basic, SAP
WHO YOU ARE
· Proactive. You drive things forward and take initiative in order to achieve a common goal
· Relationship builder. You are able to work in an international matrix organization, building strong collaboration with the people and functions you work with
· Team-oriented. You know that success requires valuing teamship